Saying Hi

Stay connected in the wind. This forum is for anyone who rides the wind, winter or summer, on whatever board suits their fancy. Share the stoke, find out where people are going, ask any question, share your discoveries, and discuss any esoteric idea you may have related to the pursuit of wind. Please keep it positive.

Moderator: MK

windthrash

Saying Hi

Post by windthrash »

I just wanted to say I hope everyone had a wonderful Christmas and New Years!! Also to wish everyone the best of the wind for this coming year.
Some may know I shipped out for the Navy in early Oct and am currently stationed in Great Lakes IL for my "A" school and will be here for the next year to two years with minimal leave. So I'll be looking forward to reading about everyone's stoke as the wind blows!
Take care,
Nate
Nate Anderson
Agana, Guam
bmr

Re: Saying Hi

Post by bmr »

Never met you, Nate.....but a big thanks for your service to our country.

Stay safe and keep your powder dry.

Semper Fi

~bmr
Have kite, will travel.
mike371

Post by mike371 »

I would also like to thank you for your service and wish you safe and successful missions.
stefen.L

Post by stefen.L »

Nice riding with you at 237th. Good luck Stefen
Phillipl

Post by Phillipl »

:) Nate, Flakers be looking for you on leave next summer. Stay out of trouble!
typicalcop

Post by typicalcop »

Nate,
We haven't met (yet), but thank you for stepping up and serving our country. Soldier, my prayers will be with you. Keep your powder dry and head low. I will be like Ted Nugent giving thanks to bow hunters who made a difference in the sport before he makes a shot. From now on, and until your home, before I throw my sails up, I will say a prayer for you and your safe return! THANK YOU (and your family) FOR YOUR SERVICE!
windthrash

Post by windthrash »

Thank you all for the support and it is my honor to serve our country like our forefathers have served it for us. It's tough being located literally right on The west shore of Lake Michigan and see it ramp up with the easterlies. It can get wicked here with nonstop wind for 4-5 days straight! But I will someday again have more time to sail with all of you.
It felt right to join, also getting me into an engineering field being classified as an "ET" or Electronics Technician working on com devices such as radar, telecommunications, and well, just pretty much anything used for communication between anything in the Navy. So far I have been here since bootcamp completing my "A" school and will eventually be deployed to any possible location around the world, so the travel also pays off :)
If I ever get a chance to get out you will see videos from my Go Pro :)

Nate
Nate Anderson
Agana, Guam
JRN

Post by JRN »

NATE: It's been great riding with you over the years. You always have a "stoked" attitude out on the water, and I'm sure that will carry over to your time in the service. Let us know how you're doing. We're proud of you. Jim N.
WARNING:
I AM AN UNREFORMED SERIAL FLIRT!!
(please respond accordingly ;^{})
windthrash

Post by windthrash »

Thank you about that.. I try my hardest to put my love into the sport and make anything I do with it intense and as fun as possible :) Even no wind days on the water... During bootcamp I earned a big award and it gave me even more motivation and stoke than I had... So when I come back and sail with all yall you might think I'm crazzzy :D Anyways enjoy that snow and wind!!!!
Nate Anderson
Agana, Guam