Padre Sunday

Stay connected in the wind. This forum is for anyone who rides the wind, winter or summer, on whatever board suits their fancy. Share the stoke, find out where people are going, ask any question, share your discoveries, and discuss any esoteric idea you may have related to the pursuit of wind. Please keep it positive.

Moderator: MK

peterrib

Padre Sunday

Post by peterrib »

If iKitesurf is close I should hit a late afternoon session and the rest of the week is looking stellar. Shipped my boards ahead so I have room for an extra kite and maybe the BST.
Peter
Tighe

Re: Padre Sunday

Post by Tighe »

ya bum.

hope you score some great sessions. Save some for the rest of us coming in few weeks.

tighe
Tighe
JRN

Post by JRN »

PETE: We won't be down until the 11th. What is the situation at the flats? The last 2 trips, the north flats would flood at high tide. Is it any better this season? I just about drowned my renta car down there & finally ended up getting a jeep. BTW: What does BST stand for? Big Sexy Tunisian?
WARNING:
I AM AN UNREFORMED SERIAL FLIRT!!
(please respond accordingly ;^{})
peterrib

Post by peterrib »

:D 3 for 3. Winds are great, sun is hot and the flats are as dry as they can get. Morning and afternoon sessions and thanks to my Zephyr and Door I can ride late after it drops off. Surf is excellent. Hardly any people here other than riders. Jim, the BST is the electric pump. Packing 4 kites and all the other stuff I hardly had room for my shorts much less the pump so I'm giving each kite a hearty 85 strokes by hand. Ran into Dean and Mike on Sunday.
Life Is Good!! :D
JRN

Post by JRN »

Thanks, PETE! Heard that Chad headed down early & more MNsotans on the way. Can't wait for the first down winder. CU/H2o :shock:
WARNING:
I AM AN UNREFORMED SERIAL FLIRT!!
(please respond accordingly ;^{})
peterrib

Post by peterrib »

:D 4 for 4.Wed 7m morning, 9m afternoon. Wind came down enough to put up my 13 late in day only to have a surprize build up that left a few of us struggling to get kites landed. :o Fun!
Ran into Chad and Jim/Pat. Today looks like mega wind and sunny. have never seen
the surf this high :mrgreen:
Peter
MK

Post by MK »

Good to hear all of the updates. Got me considering bringing my 7M now.
stevenP

Post by stevenP »

It has been windy here (from the north) the last few days but if you are coming down, make sure you bring a full wetsuit just in case. I only brought a shorty and got very cold as the temps were in the low 70's and the winds were 20-30 kts. Today, Saturday it is much warmer but little wind.
sPk
peterrib

Post by peterrib »

:D 6 for 6 am & pm sessions everyday. Lots of wind and it did get cool. Amazed how the water temp could drop so fast, but warms back up just as fast. 3 7m and 9m days with a great closing on Fri nite on the 17. Wore a full wet suit 3 days and saw a few in dry suits. A great week all around. Spent too much time at Jeff's "Candy Store" :roll: and came home well over weight on baggage, but no airline charges. Lookin' forward to some Nov Mn riding.
Hope everyone gets as much wind as we did!
Peter
peterrib

Post by peterrib »

:) Perfecto!
Attachments
IMG_0187.JPG
IMG_0187.JPG (10.4 KiB) Viewed 4591 times
John Rangel

Post by John Rangel »

Nice!
Tighe

Post by Tighe »

beautiful. looking forward to more of those.
Tighe