The Bear on Monday

Stay connected in the wind. This forum is for anyone who rides the wind, winter or summer, on whatever board suits their fancy. Share the stoke, find out where people are going, ask any question, share your discoveries, and discuss any esoteric idea you may have related to the pursuit of wind. Please keep it positive.

Moderator: MK

Geo

The Bear on Monday

Post by Geo »

Left the office at 5:15. no wind, really, but there was SUPPOSED to be wind, so I drive up to The Bear. ALl the way along, I think: "this is crazy...there's not enough wind now to fly a hanky", but I kept going....

....along with at least 20 others who were out in force. Whitecaps at times, nice, warm, steady 14m until dark. Until AFTER dark, actually when Tighe and Chad and ??? were getting in the moonlight rides.

Nice rides. Glad we were all rewarded.
Tighe

Re: The Bear on Monday

Post by Tighe »

Yeah what a joy. Sunny skies warm temps great energy on the water.. and it's the end of September. The temps rose as the night went on. Just got home and it felt hot out walking from the garage!

The sunset was spectacular, the nearly full moon was surreal. The wind just kept building and getting smoother and smoother.

Got to dial in the 14m Rally. Took a bit but wow. That thing boosts to the moon and floats forever. Numerous times I stayed up way too long and almost landed on the docks. eeks.

wow, thanks, and night night.
Tighe
drknap

Post by drknap »

Wow what a nice afterwork present. Spontaneous Gathering at Ramsey beach! I've never seen that many kites at WBL before.

I agree with the Tighe: the rising near full moon as twilight set in while the the warm south wind was blowing against a sky full of kites was indeed surreal. At one point as Tighe was parked on shore with his Rally at 12oclock the moon set perfectly in the concavity of the kite-would have been a nice photo. I took a few on iphone but doesn't do it justice.

A session that makes you want to say " I was there" like in that vodka commercial. Much needed. Thanks.

Special thanks out to Barry and Mike W who have offered to help fix my numerous leaking kites (5 of them now) to keep me out there (Even Roger is scoring more than me). What a fantastic group of folks.
Kurt
face plant

Post by face plant »

Kurt, Please define Scoring!!! :lol: