gathering Stoke

Stay connected in the wind. This forum is for anyone who rides the wind, winter or summer, on whatever board suits their fancy. Share the stoke, find out where people are going, ask any question, share your discoveries, and discuss any esoteric idea you may have related to the pursuit of wind. Please keep it positive.

Moderator: MK

Tighe

gathering Stoke

Post by Tighe »

A few of us got together a few years ago and came up with this "non-event". We decide it should be a non event, because at the core of all events is the people, the sharing of stoke, and hopefully some riding. The structure, the competition, the work, was secondary and put the organizers in a liable position requiring insurance, and waivers etc etc, all of which we wanted to avoid.

So the gathering is just that, a gathering of people to share stoke and hopefully get some riding in. We've been blessed for the last 4 years with wind, some unseasonably strong. Maybe that's the result of the stoke generated by this great community in the weeks prior. I don't know about you, but I'm stoked to have a full weekend planned on Mille, to see our friends from Canada and from around the Midwest, to do nothing but play, eat, drink, laugh.

looking forward to it.
Tighe
JRN

Re: gathering Stoke

Post by JRN »

You didn't tell me there'd be CANADIANS! :mrgreen:
WARNING:
I AM AN UNREFORMED SERIAL FLIRT!!
(please respond accordingly ;^{})
krazykatie

Post by krazykatie »

Where does everyone plan on staying? I heard talk of Malmo Resort...? Rob mentioned that Barnacles has a bar/grill.
Midwest Mountaineering/Slingshot Regional Team Rider
Tighe

Post by Tighe »

I'll probably stay at Malmo Bay. I checked it out last weekend and it looked decent...and right on the water.
Tighe
krazykatie

Post by krazykatie »

I camped there last weekend and it was fabulous. I had an amazing sunset right on the water, clean shower and friendly people. My only concern was the tenters are mingled right in w/the seasonal rv peeps but i heard that its not an issue for them.
windthrash

Post by windthrash »

Ill be there fri and sun!! I'm working Zalusky's Advanced Riding School at BIR on Sat but will return.. I will be staying wherever I may park :D This should be a fun weekend!! Will there be frisbeb and volleyball or something in case of no wind???
Nate Anderson
Agana, Guam
scottman

Post by scottman »

No wind predicted for this weekend, why did we change the dates again, last three years we have had this it's been windy, so what was the reason again?
Tighe

Post by Tighe »

I don't think the date has changed Scott. Last year it was the 11th and 12th, not sure about 08.

Seems to me every year there is no wind in the forecast, and every year we ride. The big three day blow a few years ago never was forecast.

It's been so windy lately I haven't had time to hang and catch up with others. Looking forward to a bit more of that this weekend.

I still think there's power in all of us generating some stoke for the weekend. Believe....

looking forward to it.
Tighe
scottman

Post by scottman »

Sounds good enough for me, if no wind there are always plenty of other things to do.
krazykatie

Post by krazykatie »

yea, i'm pretty sure its been this weekend since i started kiting. The last 3 years we've rode when the wind looked grim. Remember 2 years ago when it was honking for 3 days straight....i haven't been that sore since.
Alfredo

Post by Alfredo »

The wind forecast is starting to look slightly better :D We will be camping in our new Scamp but you might not see us in the shadow of Riddout's big rig!!! SO excited for the weekend and thinking positive thoughts for the wind!
krazykatie

Post by krazykatie »

volleyball sounds like a fun idea to me...who has a net to bring?
Tighe

Post by Tighe »

looking like it may be SE on Saturday. Do we dare consider another site for that day? Garrison?

Probably best to wait and see what develops, but just wanted to put it out there.
Tighe
krazykatie

Post by krazykatie »

i just peeked at the graph and got butterflies in my belly :shock:
Tighe

Post by Tighe »

there might be an evening ride to be had.
Tighe
windthrash

Post by windthrash »

Or Sunday morning too :)
Nate Anderson
Agana, Guam
davec

Post by davec »

SailFlow is looking real good for Sat. right now.
Tighe

Post by Tighe »

mm mm good
Tighe
raphael

Re: gathering Stoke CAR POOL?

Post by raphael »

ANYONE DRIVING FROM THE CITIES ON SAT THAT MIGHT WANT TO CAR POOL UP?

952-913-2843

RAPHAEL , I'D LIKE TO HEAD UP EARLY MORNING. I'M COMING FROM EAGAN, BUT CAN MEET ACCORDING :?:
Tighe

Post by Tighe »

17-23mph!!!!

Thanks for believin'
Tighe