I so needed that...

Stay connected in the wind. This forum is for anyone who rides the wind, winter or summer, on whatever board suits their fancy. Share the stoke, find out where people are going, ask any question, share your discoveries, and discuss any esoteric idea you may have related to the pursuit of wind. Please keep it positive.

Moderator: MK

Tighe

I so needed that...

Post by Tighe »

Forecasts were a bit all over the place yesterday, Sunday. The NWS graph had wind ramping up all day at Mille, peaking at 7pm. Experimental, and NOAA, and even Sailflow/ikitesurf had fairly low forecasts. I had it in my head to go and I'm so glad I didn't over think it.

The wind did exactly what the Graph predicted. We arrived a bit before none to winds in the Mid teens. It dropped a bit for about 30 minutes then just started building. There was another lull that was just long enough to scarf down some food and then it really kicked in, this time with gusts over 30.

It felt so good to be riding in such steady wind again. Boosts were huge with mega float. Smiles everywhere, Simpson clouds floating overhead.

Sorry for those I almost landed on or collided with. Thanks to those who launched/landed my kite or helped me switch boards. Everyone was looking great, whether it was their first 300 ft ride or their first 20 footer.

the adrenalin is still pumping through my body today....maybe keeping the soreness at bay. Rode till I just couldn't go anymore. ah yes.

got out in the water at the end of the day. Here are a few shots in the Gallery. http://www.lakawa.com/phpBB/lakawaphoto/?show=316
(High res versions available if you want any...my export killed the quality of these....will repost tonight.)

Tighe
Geo

Re: I so needed that...

Post by Geo »

Oh, yeah! Too tired, too wound to sleep last night. Visions of sugar(waves) dancing in my head.

Sorry to Heather for crowding her a few times. She stopped to say that I was too close for her comfort / control level, which is good to hear. I guess I forget that you gotta give a lotta room to people who are learning so they don't feel nervous about running into you. And I can appreciate that viewpoint since I wasn't always dialed on that strapless surfboard, too. I managed to "miss" Tighe a few times when I wasn't sure whether up/down wind was a better toeside strategy for missing (or hitting) him.

Love Malmo. Looking forward to a Father Hennepin visit soon, too.

That cover shot looks killer, Tighe!
bscheig

Post by bscheig »

Great photos. Thanks Tighe!

Bill
Kosk

Post by Kosk »

That

Was

AWESOME!

Sweet pics Tighe. I owe you a photo shoot.
JRN

Post by JRN »

THANX TO M'DA NATURE & SISTER MILLY FOR DELIVERING 3 MORE GREAT DAYS OF RIDING! As always all of you made it that much better to ride, laugh, eat, drink, & be merry. Everyone is really upping their skills, and inspiring the rest of us to follow along.
Thanks to Jeff (dipstick) Weib for showing me the switch stance, toe side turn, Denis for getting me riding strapless, Chad for how to stay upwwind strapless, & most of all for Jenn, giving me the best birthday present: getting to watch her first rides ON TOP of the water! :mrgreen:
WARNING:
I AM AN UNREFORMED SERIAL FLIRT!!
(please respond accordingly ;^{})
RandyL

Post by RandyL »

Thank you NormaNN for unselfishly sharing your birthday present with us. (Three days of great wind) I hope I too can spend my 61st :shock: birthday kiting with friends for three straight days at Mille Lacs. I wish I could have made Saturday but riding to sunset Friday was spectacular. :D
ImageLAKAWA /Local Slingshot Team Rider