Best Girl Calendar Model Search

Stay connected in the wind. This forum is for anyone who rides the wind, winter or summer, on whatever board suits their fancy. Share the stoke, find out where people are going, ask any question, share your discoveries, and discuss any esoteric idea you may have related to the pursuit of wind. Please keep it positive.

Moderator: MK

Lia

Re: Best Girl Calendar Model Search

Post by Lia »

funny you are the one to say none of us locals attack other brands or riders when you are the first one to chime in with a negative response and attack on a brand other than your own on this thread!?

Who cares if a person posts only 2 times or 2186 times, is this how you treat someone that is getting into the sport or new to your area? Not everyone has time to forum browse daily. Where I live, everyone knows each other, rides different brands, but the one thing in common that we all have is that we LOVE TO KITE!

Getting back to the origin of this post, this is not meant to offend or objectify anyone, it is a contest. Anyone can have their opinion about how they feel about it, good or bad. We are promoting all the time to get more women in the sport globally. Kristin Boese is on the road doing her KB4girls all over the world and having great response! Laurel Eastman is has her event in the Cook Islands to empower women to get into the sport. So, Best is not all about T&A when it comes to our women riders....but we all know that people love to look at ladies in bikinis, it is a fact. Just look at the cover of sports illustrated! What is the only forum post in the world to have over 2.5 million views?????
scott8888

Post by scott8888 »

Hey steveb,

For the record,
my name is Scott and I know this community board quite well actually, have lived and rode in Minneapolis on and off for about three years now, my wife has taken lessons from lakawa, and I know quite a few of the local kiters, albeit, I am not part of your self proclaimed group. To be honest, I don't chime in on the threads too often because the negativity towards other riders, sometimes newbs and often other kite brands isn't something I am too interested in, but do read the site occasionally to see what the latest local gossip is. I have ridden all over the world, not as often as I would like (today for example), and enjoyed many different brands of kite, just found that Best fits me personally. I can be found on the advisors section of this site under Best. If you don't want anyone new posting, then close the site to password, and only you and your buddies that you are talking about can talk, it will keep "your" kiting community close knit and closed off.

Listen man, I just posted because, as a part of "the" kiting community, I think that positive sells the sport, not negative, if we are on the beach having a pint and you want to bash Best, I can come back at Ozone just as well, but by attacking newer people who are trying to be helpful, it doesn't seem to do too much for the sport, or the brand you ride for. As Hokey as all that sounds, it just happens to be true. I await your witty and predictably hostile response. Cheers.

Scott: now three time poster and apparently unknown local rider.
bmr

Post by bmr »

Lia,

I fully support your cause. Some of the "extreme" (I friggin hate that word) sports women I've met over the years either had the personality or looks of something like this:

-bmr
Have kite, will travel.
rookie

Post by rookie »

Looks like the Ozone pimp went Fishin' and fired up the barbie...... :lol:
steveb

Post by steveb »

Rookie ...you're a bad man.

It's amazing to me to hear we have a forum here that attacks newbies and kite brands. Someone say's they have avoided this forum for those reasons.
Let's come back to reality, this community goes out of it's way to make sure new people feel welcome.On the forum and on the beach. We've always had a policy of not slamming anyone or anything, sure we tease each other, but that's due to a lot of us knowing one another for a very long time. Longer than there's been kiting, additionally our humour is based on knowing who has a sense of humour and who doesn't.

So throw your mud at us, but you'll not realize how silly you sound because you're obviously not a part of this community, otherwise you wouldn't have said what you did say in your posts. Because if you were a part of this group you'd know how this community works and how far your statements are from reality.
Regional Ozone Team rider
scott8888

Post by scott8888 »

ahhhhh steveb, (said with a big sigh)

I thought the site was to post info about kiting/windsurfing etc. like lia did before her thread got hijacked by the friendly folks like yourself.

I am guilty for falling into your trap and arguing a non-relevant point, and if you felt there was mud coming from me, I apologize, that is actually why I don't post often, because I don't particularily enjoy it...
but if you want to bully me off your site, then start a new thread.

and if you are still angry after that, as part of the local kiting community, I am going to be up at mille tomorrow, maybe sat. hopefully flying a blue waroo, come over and have a beer with me and I'll let you keep explaining with all your wisdom how open and amazing 'your' kiting community is. who knows, I might pledge or something.

oh ya, bring that chart that explains how and why you hate girls in bathing suits too.

cheers,
scott
scott8888

Post by scott8888 »

p.s. that is four posts now, wait five including this one. I might as well be a senior member.
BBAddict

Post by BBAddict »

Friendly community? To some, especially if you fly the right kite or buy a kite one of the many used kites from the "team" riders that recycle their kites all the time or if you kiss up to the right people. Some of the community "leaders" are the last to offer a launch or grab a board for a kiter that lost his board or even watch those riding around them. I know Scott won't complain about it, but he and others I've talked to have had a not so friendly introduction to the MN crew with some really bad kiter interaction and/or kiter etiquette.

Bad marketing? I'm not going to debate the morality or appropriateness of the approach, but have any of you watched TV or picked up a magazine lately? In case you haven't, Best is not using a novel approach by using sex to sell. At least girls are kiters--"sexy" girls are used in ads for many products that are exclusively for guys. Trust me, it's done for a reason--if it didn't work, they wouldn't do it. So, should we should be instead complaining about how simple and what pigs guys are?
steveb

Post by steveb »

To be honest Scott, companies have often employed people to hit the forums responding to posts about their various efforts .
Your timing was too " convenient " it now appears you're not sat in the Best office " lurking" as I'd guessed you were. And are legitimately a local kiter.
I have to say I am extremely sorry for not beleiving you.
Regional Ozone Team rider
Barry P

Post by Barry P »

I saw the Best Girl kiting today at Reddy (flying a blue RPM).

Don't know who she was, but she was floating like a butterfly and stinging like a bee.

Sorry no pictures. She was doing well.
ice_kmauve

Post by ice_kmauve »

Lia wrote:C'mon guys, quit the trash talk!

We all know some of the most beautiful women are from Minnesota!! :D

If you enter your girlfriend, wife, friend,etc...with her permission, and she is picked to be one of the top 3 entries.....you get to go to Brazil and kite your brains out too!

Just for the record, if anyone is unable to "enter their wife or girlfriend with their permission," you might want to try talking sweet to them or buying flowers before you try it again. Might help things along.

Hey Best: I ride your kites, they're great. But come on, we already know how to look at the ladies, we don't need yet another company trying to make a buck off the process, especially here. How many of you guys have daughters or gf's?

A reasonable response to this bullshit marketing ploy would be to make a "Men of Lakawa" calendar, sell it and donate the proceeds to the girl scouts. I know Jim would buy at least 3. anyway, i'll volunteer to pose in wetsuit or wife beater to get the process rolling. LOL.
"They call me Doctor Love.. Doctor love!!" - an obscure rock band.
rookie

Post by rookie »

Cabrinha’s new top kite model..........
Attachments
kiteguy.jpg
kiteguy.jpg (35.6 KiB) Viewed 4855 times