GATHERING ACCOMODATIONS

Stay connected in the wind. This forum is for anyone who rides the wind, winter or summer, on whatever board suits their fancy. Share the stoke, find out where people are going, ask any question, share your discoveries, and discuss any esoteric idea you may have related to the pursuit of wind. Please keep it positive.

Moderator: MK

JRN

GATHERING ACCOMODATIONS

Post by JRN »

Perry was asking where to camp. Someone mentioned the State Forest by Weathwood. I can think of Father Hennepin or the Kathio Park. Commercial sites in Malmo & Garrison.
Steve inquired about the City of Malmo Meeting Hall. Has anyone checked that out? Now that I drive a van.."Down by the river?" :idea:
WARNING:
I AM AN UNREFORMED SERIAL FLIRT!!
(please respond accordingly ;^{})
paul-b

Re: GATHERING ACCOMODATIONS

Post by paul-b »

I called the guy about the Malmo meeting hall last week. He said he had been contacted by kiters before. The main problems were that they do not have a fire pit and do not alllow camping. They only charge $100 a day to rent it, but not sure if that allows people to spent the night. I wonder how many could fit inside? I was hinting around but did not seem to get him to budge on the camping. It would be great set-up if we could make it work.

Paul
(Adam's dad)
Terry Dunklee

Post by Terry Dunklee »

I talked to them 2 years ago about using the hall for the gathering. I specificaly asked about over night use and was told they did not allow over night use or camping so we dropped that idea. Hopefully if we continue to make respectful use of the park and stay in good graces with the local swimmers and park maintenance they will reconsider in the future.
MK

Post by MK »

does someone have a contact # for the owner of Calrsona? May be a little spooky camping next to a burned building...
JRN

Post by JRN »

I asked Aaron "Rudeboy" Saude, host of MNADVENTURE.com, if he had Ron Wise's contact info, but only knew that he might live in Garrison. I tried the on-line phonebook, but could only find ones in Brainerd or Aitkin. No luck trying to email Carlsona Beach website either. Anyone else have better contact? Scottman?
WARNING:
JRN

Post by JRN »

2 RIDERS ON MnAdventure mentioned Barnacles. You can camp there for $20/night or sleep in an ice shanty for $10. Plus, they seem to think that they don't mind late night revelry, unlike Pete's in Malmo. If you look at the Fleet 8 site, you'll see a comprehensive list of most Milly resorts.
WARNING: