Time for a new Harness

Stay connected in the wind. This forum is for anyone who rides the wind, winter or summer, on whatever board suits their fancy. Share the stoke, find out where people are going, ask any question, share your discoveries, and discuss any esoteric idea you may have related to the pursuit of wind. Please keep it positive.

Moderator: MK

Geo

Time for a new Harness

Post by Geo »

Ok, so my 2006 Dakine Fusion Seat Harness disappeared this weekend, so I am in the market for a new one. I have had a bad back, so the full support is good. The Fusion stayed pretty well locked down, doesn't ride up like a waist harness tends to do. The bar unhooked a few times if I didn't lock it into the bent metal (of course it only happens when you are really getting yanked.) I used it with a hinged hook. Iknow some people don't like the diaper look, but I'm an old married guy, so what do I care?

I really like the Fusion, but I'm wondering if there is anything else that I should look at?
mdh01

Re: Time for a new Harness

Post by mdh01 »

Check out the Dakine Nitrous shorts...I switched to these from a seat harness like your old one and found this just as supportive and much more comfortable.

Midwest Mountaineering carries them....

Mark
JRN

Post by JRN »

g: LOOK @ THE REVIEWS OF THE MYSTIC HARNESSES. They are pricey, but have heard great things about them. I'm still happy with Dakine, too. Look at LIVE2KITE for pricing.
WARNING:
I AM AN UNREFORMED SERIAL FLIRT!!
(please respond accordingly ;^{})
Reds

Post by Reds »

nitrous shorts are the bomb...even with a bad back...I have the dakine seat harness too and they feel like the same support but the shorts give you a lot more movement..I do like the extra padding of a seat in winter
Patrick
Mike W

Post by Mike W »

Geoff, if you hook your leash through the opening in the the latch where your spreader bar clips in, it will not come out anymore. Mine used to come out all the time when I would ride toeside until I discovered this remedy.
Browbry

Post by Browbry »

I once had the Dakine Fusion. Then while in Padre my kite instructor said get this, its like the Cadillac of all harnesses; the Mystic Warrior! It has a built in seat option. You can ride with it as a seat since that is what your used to or go just waist. I've never looked back. You'll be riding along w so much positive to say your lips will not be able to keep up just like a true samurai swordsman. Btw, their are 2 rings on either side some tell me are to hook your leash on. Its arguably for your swords you should carry with you just in case. Bring it on Wu T style!
Geo

Post by Geo »

today's tally:

mystic warrior sword-carrying harness: 2

nitrous righteous! shorts: 2
Browbry

Post by Browbry »

What are the nitrous shorts? Are they those Dakine shorts with the built in harness? If yes I have a pair. They sort of look like they could be used for hockey.
johnz

Post by johnz »

My vote is definitely for the Mystic Warrior - DaKine is also good, but I think Mystic is better.

There are a few horror stories about the Nitrous board shorts and tearing of a guy's most sensitive areas... so you might want to research that a bit...
John Z
Midwest Mountaineering/Slingshot Regional Team Rider