aNYONE INTERESTED IN A NEW LAKE.

Stay connected in the wind. This forum is for anyone who rides the wind, winter or summer, on whatever board suits their fancy. Share the stoke, find out where people are going, ask any question, share your discoveries, and discuss any esoteric idea you may have related to the pursuit of wind. Please keep it positive.

Moderator: MK

SCOTT RIDOUT

aNYONE INTERESTED IN A NEW LAKE.

Post by SCOTT RIDOUT »

As you can tell by my profile I live in Champlin, well there happens to be a lake behind where I live called Goose Lake. There is nobody ever on it and it is completly frozen over with about 35% snow covering. There is no open water on it and hopefully with the snow comming I will get out on it more. I was out testing the winds this last week with my Slingshot B-5 to just get some more kite flying in. If anyone is interested in going out and flying, freeskating or hopefully with some more snow kiteboarding let me know I would love the company.
Tighe

Post by Tighe »

Where is Champlin? How far from the cities?

thanks
Tighe
Stone

Post by Stone »

Champlin is about 20-25 min from the cities I'd say. It's just North of Brooklyn Park.
I don't care what time it is; anytime anybody wants to go kiteboarding and wants company, call me on my cell 808-780-5824.
SCOTT RIDOUT

Post by SCOTT RIDOUT »

Champlin or to Goose Lake in Champlin direction wise is go 169th North to 109th, take a left at 109th and go straight until you cannot go straight any more. You have to take another left or right on Zachary, take a right at this point and follow the road around you will see the lake on your left and more than likely nobody will be on it as usual. If you go about a 1/4 mile on your left you can pull off the side of the road and walk to the lake, it's about a 5 minute walk to get on the lake.

Champlin is about 20 to 30 minutes from the city. If anyone ever wants to go out there on a windy day just call my home number 763-712-1347, I'll be more than glad to go out with you and have some fun!!
matt k

Post by matt k »

I live in Anoka a little north of you, what wind directions are good for the lake, and how big is it, I will come check it out, if we get some snow and wind.
matt k

Post by matt k »

I forgot to add that diamond lake in dayton was a really good lake for me last year and its close to champlin, the fishing is terrible so the only ones out were a snowmobile or two but not very often, the lake is surrounded by farms making the wind a little steadier, the one launch is on the south end off of s diamond lake road. Any wind will work West winds and east winds are side and north in on.