Cannon open?

Stay connected in the wind. This forum is for anyone who rides the wind, winter or summer, on whatever board suits their fancy. Share the stoke, find out where people are going, ask any question, share your discoveries, and discuss any esoteric idea you may have related to the pursuit of wind. Please keep it positive.

Moderator: MK

dave t

Cannon open?

Post by dave t »

The satallite picture looks like Cannon is open. Also, Byllesby and a good chunk of Waconia. (last shot that showed it)

Can anyone verify?

http://ge.ssec.wisc.edu/modis-today/ind ... ution=250m
Kevinousdigian

Re: Cannon open?

Post by Kevinousdigian »

I called some bait stores down there and they do not believe it is open. One guy is going to check and I'll call him early tomorrow on his cell. I'll post what I find out. I also talked to someone in Waseca that said Clear Lake in Waseca still has ice as of this morning and a guy at bait store in clear lake iowa said there is a lot of ice left on that lake even though by the city beach it's clear (thus what the web cam shows). There is a lot of ice south of the beach so I'd say it's risky to drive that far as it could be drifting north tomorrow.

Post if there is other open water. I'm itching to go tomorrow.
KO
Kevin Ousdigian
dave t

Post by dave t »

Those sat pics must look open when the ice gets dark because all those lakes look ice-free.
BSMITH

Post by BSMITH »

It's still frozen! Dammit!
dave t

Post by dave t »

Chris Lock

Post by Chris Lock »

dave t wrote:???? This says cannon is open.

http://climate.umn.edu/doc/ice_out/ice_ ... tus_10.htm
Sounds like thats half true anyway, Brian said its open on the north side of the bridge but not on the south. A few of us will be at the rest stop north of Lake City today for those who feel like dodging some flotsam on The Mighty Miss.
Kevinousdigian

Post by Kevinousdigian »

I just talked to a guy who just drove by Cannon and he said it is still has a lot of ice. Could be gone later today or tonight.
Kevin Ousdigian
BSMITH

Post by BSMITH »

I'm at Cannon. It's a open to the points. I'm going to head out as soon as it passes the kite launch. The ice is moving north fast.
Chris Lock

Post by Chris Lock »

Dude. Hardcore. With a cold no less. Cant keep a good man down.

Pepin was gusty but trusty, with a few very large chunks of wood floating around. As in whole oak trees. Which was an advantage really, cuz ya could see 'em from about two miles away. Hell, if you got tired you just could hang out on one and have lunch.
BSMITH

Post by BSMITH »

It was very gusty on Cannon too. 4.7 though.
It looks like it's going to line up ESE tomorrow on Pepin. I guess we are not heading up to Lutsen until Friday. So, I might head down there.
Pete

Post by Pete »

Yea, I'm looking forward to an afternoon session in Lake City tomorrow too. Hope you can make it Dr. Smith!