please keep an eye out for these kites.

Stay connected in the wind. This forum is for anyone who rides the wind, winter or summer, on whatever board suits their fancy. Share the stoke, find out where people are going, ask any question, share your discoveries, and discuss any esoteric idea you may have related to the pursuit of wind. Please keep it positive.

Moderator: MK

jeff1

please keep an eye out for these kites.

Post by jeff1 »

I had my car broken into today and had my 13 M and 9 M best waroo kites stolen, as well as my drysuit and a number of other items. :(

I included pics of the kites, and the dry suit was a front entry mango color with black knee patches.

If you see these items for sale please post the info here.

Thanks for your help. :)
Attachments
IM000009.JPG
IM000009.JPG (120.98 KiB) Viewed 6621 times
DFD TEAM RIDER (team of one) + JRN honorary member
mdh01

Re: please keep an eye out for these kites.

Post by mdh01 »

Jeff,
Sorry to hear about your loss. Where were these stolen from? It might help us keep a look out in the area. Also, if you bought these on a credit card, check your cards benefits. I recently had an iphone stolen and American Express covered the loss under their theft protection benefit.

Mark
JRN

Post by JRN »

THAT IS A BUMMER! I caught some kids on bikes scoping out my van while it was parked on Michigan up there a few years ago. Most people don't think of Duluth as a crime area. I still have an '06 Waroo 12 from my garage sale if you're interested, but you'd still need a drysuit. Hope you catch the boogers!
WARNING:
I AM AN UNREFORMED SERIAL FLIRT!!
(please respond accordingly ;^{})
jeff1

Post by jeff1 »

They were stolen from the wisconsin overlook near wi. point. Good Idea on the card bennies I'll look into that option. If I can figure out a way to get the equipment covered, i'll just buy new gear. But I may be interested in your 12 if I have to start from scratch, thanks for the offer Jim.

Its not the end of the world, I'll be on the water again before too long.
GrahamMansell

Post by GrahamMansell »

very sorry to hear about your Best loss. I say we do everything we can to catch the selfish bastards who took your kites and gear. :evil:

very rough news mate.

Graham
Go big or go home. whatever you do in life, do it like your pro.
Tighe

Post by Tighe »

Wow that's crappy. I'd keep your eyes on craigslist and eBay. They may not even know what they are. Might also check the local pawn shops. They probably wouldn't take them in, but would probably remember if someone brought them in.

Hope they turn up.
Tighe
jeff1

Post by jeff1 »

Thanks for your thoughts and ideas, all good advice, that I will heed.

On the positive side I guess its time to update the quiver. :o Its about time for the silver lining.

Couple other thoughts: The credit card theft protection is only good for 90 days, Also (if your not aware of it) items
taken from your vehicle are not covered under your auto insurance; I'm told they may be
covered under homeowners, but there are limits for sporting goods and at least in my
situation the deductible is significant.

Thanks again for the thoughts and suggestions, CU/H2O.
dave12341234

Post by dave12341234 »

Jeff, my car was broken into as well at Wi. Pt. last fall. the theft there is through the roof! If you take a look at all the lots, almost everyone has broken glass from a car window. They busted out my front passenger side and took my cell and wallet while I was out kiteboarding. I reported it to the P.D but there is not alot they can do, they'll just tell you to take all your shit with you next time. I really think they need too send a cop down there during the day. Their there at night, but what good does that do? My wallet was just found a few days ago by a good friend of mine, he was shed hunting in a ditch on moccasin mike rd :). How long were you away from your vehicle?

I will never go to wi. pt. again! Sorry about the loss, I know how you feel.
"You can't buy happiness, but buying a kite is very close"
seamonkey

Post by seamonkey »

Ain't that America! We should set a trap for them sometime. I always keep a Swedish hand-forged broad axe with me at all times. No joke.
" Real living begins on the far side of despair " _ Jean Paul Sartre
Stroh

Post by Stroh »

I was just thinking the same thing... park the truck then hide in the woods with a bat!

I am all for it, I think these people need to be taught a lesson. Crappy part of it is, I will probably be the one who ends up in Jail! :evil:

Jon
Jon Stroh
MK

Post by MK »

Major bummer. Obviously keep looking in the classifieds section here. Also, you probably are already doing this but simple and regular searches in Craigslist for our metro area and sconny.

Good luck,

Mike
dave12341234

Post by dave12341234 »

Ok, since im the one that lives the closest to wi pt., im gonna do some serious scouting on the sunny, windless days for whoever is doing this, im not joking, it would make me feel so good to catch the person whos doing it. Im planning on bringing a camera to take pics as soon as i see them. thinking of just hiding in the woods, not sure yet. And of course the more people we have, the better chances are we catch them! Im pretty determined guys! The cops told me that they usually only break in if they see something they want aka: wallets, cell phones, and kites. Im thinking of using an old wallet with nothing in it and a cell phone that doesnt work as bait. text me at 715 919 0955 if you'd like to join me! :D

Also-any ideas would be greatly appreciated!

Jeff-where exactly did they break in?
jeff1

Post by jeff1 »

Sorry, I was out of town this week. I was at the overlook just past the dump, on the left. I might be available to come and help.
dave12341234

Post by dave12341234 »

Im just waiting for a nice sunny day, im gonna try to get out there asap.
Iceman

Post by Iceman »

You could put a trail camera in the car and snap a picture of the perp. There is a law called lurking with intent to steal. Pic is worth a 1000 words.

Dave
dave12341234

Post by dave12341234 »

thats a good idea, i have a trail cam, i think im gonna do it! im bringing binocs too!
tumblemonster

Post by tumblemonster »

Man, as someone who had all his gear stolen out of my garage a few years ago, I feel your pain! I hope you get it back. The police almost never investigate petty theft, they take a statement and make a report, make a statistic, and move on.