How to get to Georgetown Lake MT ?

Stay connected in the wind. This forum is for anyone who rides the wind, winter or summer, on whatever board suits their fancy. Share the stoke, find out where people are going, ask any question, share your discoveries, and discuss any esoteric idea you may have related to the pursuit of wind. Please keep it positive.

Moderator: MK

Portland Pete

How to get to Georgetown Lake MT ?

Post by Portland Pete »

Is Georgetown Lake near Butte Montana ?

I kited and filmed A&A once this summer at Florence
It would be nice to watch them snow kite.

From Hood Hood River I go northeast to Spokane
and then southeast thru Idaho to Montana ?
Looks like 600+ miles (one long day of driving)
and a long roundabout.

What resort were Alex and Aaron standing in front of ?
I am sure camping would be pretty cold this time of year.

Just Curious
Pete
Tony

Post by Tony »

Southeast of Missoula about 100 miles. Turn south at Drummond, travel through somewhat flat farm country, then up through a narrow, winding picturesque canyon to the lake, which sits at high altitude in a beautiful valley with the Anaconda-Pintlar wilderness mountains as a backdrop. There is a motel-restaurant on the south end of the lake; otherwise not much for accomodations, although the little town of phillipsburg has a hotel and motel just up the road. If you're a skier, you may want to hit the nearby ski area - Discovery Basin. It used to be just a beginner-intermediate type area, but ten years ago they opened a steep ungroomed back area that can be fantastic at times. Because that valley has a reputation of being cold, I don't recommend camping unless you have winter camping experience. Tony
mtice

Georgetown Lake

Post by mtice »

Georgetown Lake Lodge has 11 double rooms...usually $79 a night, but Karen has been giving discounts to kiters. Drop me a line at keith@mticesports.com if anyone wants to come up and play! Also, we are hosting the PASA snowkite summit jan 6-10 to certify snowkite instructors. Should be great riding/ filming!

Keith
Cow tipping is old school, cow jumping is the shizzle!
Portland Pete

Post by Portland Pete »

Keith Tony

I found it on the map now

This looks like the same place a friend of mine
mentioned from last winter that gives discounts
to kiters.

Will try and make it out for the PASA event

Thanks
Pete