Xmas Eve day on an easterly?

Stay connected in the wind. This forum is for anyone who rides the wind, winter or summer, on whatever board suits their fancy. Share the stoke, find out where people are going, ask any question, share your discoveries, and discuss any esoteric idea you may have related to the pursuit of wind. Please keep it positive.

Moderator: MK

Kosk

Xmas Eve day on an easterly?

Post by Kosk »

What's the call on Thursday for a solid east wind? My usual stomping ground (Medicine) isn't very good on a dead east due to the steep bank on east shoreline and the narrow lake width. I'd think Brown's Bay on Tonka would be great, but have no idea where to park (on dry land) and how to get out there. Where are the cool kids gonna be hanging?

Over.
Dave Z

Re: Xmas Eve day on an easterly?

Post by Dave Z »

Bellaire on El Bear! All the way to Commercial Bay! You can park at the Marina on the West end of the lake and walk it (it will be on-shore) or ride out of Bellaire where it's side shore.
tom_latcham

Post by tom_latcham »

Upper Lake Minnetonka has been frozen longer so has more snow on it and safer ice. For a straight east like tommorow. You could use Mound bay park on co road 110 in Mound. I am going to be Kiting Phelps, Spring Park, and East Upper. Use Spring park boat landing on Co road 15 for access to Spring Park Bay.
Tom
sekollera

Post by sekollera »

The wind will be NNE, I am headed to the south beach of Calhoun.

/Adam