Last Call for Liquid session?

Stay connected in the wind. This forum is for anyone who rides the wind, winter or summer, on whatever board suits their fancy. Share the stoke, find out where people are going, ask any question, share your discoveries, and discuss any esoteric idea you may have related to the pursuit of wind. Please keep it positive.

Moderator: MK

Kevinousdigian

Last Call for Liquid session?

Post by Kevinousdigian »

Looks like Saturday afternoon should be sunny with kiteable winds and after that the 10day mrf shows colder temps right into December. It's been a great November so far - I think I've had 6 nice sessions. I need to coach basketball until 2 and then I plan to hit Ramsey as it looks like S-SE winds. I hope you can make it too.

KO
Kevin Ousdigian
Lee_Uptown

Re: Last Call for Liquid session?

Post by Lee_Uptown »

Wish I could. I get a new ACL today :-) woo hoo!!!
JAE

Post by JAE »

Kevin, I'll try and get there about 2:00 also, even though I put all my water kite stuff away, it would be great to get one last session in. It might be a short session for me though because I have a 4:00 mtg at the Midwest mtn expo to get to.

my number is: six five one 283 five one three two

jeff.
JRN

Post by JRN »

TOO BAD MY GARAGE NEEDS SWEEPING! :cry:
WARNING:
I AM AN UNREFORMED SERIAL FLIRT!!
(please respond accordingly ;^{})
avery

Post by avery »

I'm in see you there.
Elkman

Post by Elkman »

I'd like to try out the new Spleene Door that I got in South Padre, as well as trying out the skills I got down there as well. I'll show up there tomorrow and see if I can stay warm enough in a 7mm scuba wetsuit. (That's not ideal, but I've done enough cold water diving to know that I'll probably be OK.)

And, if nothing else, the cold water will remind me of how great it was down in South Padre last week. :)
Todd Murray
Bloomington, MN
JRN

Post by JRN »

Just a friendly reminder: Ramsey is not an ideal beginners launch. There is only a narrow band of shallows, and then it drops off. Unless you can launch quickly, and go immediately up-wind, you will most likely end up dragging up on shore or become ensnared in the weed beds. Staying up wind is crucial, as is knowing your limitations in regards to the flukey & gusty conditions for which White Bear Lake is notorious. Please excercise caution and good judgement.
WARNING:
I AM AN UNREFORMED SERIAL FLIRT!!
(please respond accordingly ;^{})
Kevinousdigian

Post by Kevinousdigian »

Turned out to be a nice a real nice session. The normal crew was leaving when I was getting ready to go out - their departure assured the wind would come up. I kited from 3 until almost 5. The wind stayed so steady up beyond the rock piles at WB. Spectacular sunset and then the moon was out too. If that was the end it was a great way to go out!
Kevin Ousdigian
Elkman

Post by Elkman »

I had a good session out there this afternoon, although I wish I could have gotten a little more riding in. I forgot that the sun would be setting by 4:30 PM. For my first time riding The Bear, I think I tamed it pretty well. I'm really liking the Cabrinha Crossbow 16M kite and the Spleene Door -- it makes for a good setup for learning in light to moderate winds.

I even managed not to freeze in the cold water with a 7mm wetsuit. I could have used more substantial footwear/booties, though.
Todd Murray
Bloomington, MN
Bill S.

Post by Bill S. »

Cannon yesterday afternoon was steady 11m with bright sun and 50 degree temps. If that was the last water session it was a good one.

Bill