Erik Stone's Kitesurfing Calhoun Apology, as requested

Stay connected in the wind. This forum is for anyone who rides the wind, winter or summer, on whatever board suits their fancy. Share the stoke, find out where people are going, ask any question, share your discoveries, and discuss any esoteric idea you may have related to the pursuit of wind. Please keep it positive.

Moderator: MK

Erik Stone

Erik Stone's Kitesurfing Calhoun Apology, as requested

Post by Erik Stone »

Time: Saturday 9:42pm October 17th
Place: Salt Pond, St. John's Island, USVI, Aboard Leopard 40 Catamaran, "Slim Chance"
Gear: Best Kiteboarding 2009 10m Nemesis HP, 45cm Bar and lines, Best Pro Kiteboard, Best Straps, Best Track Fins, Liquid Force Lux Harness, two Slingshot Surefire leashes, Best Golf Bag

As per Best's request for an apology from me, and as a previous Team Rider for Best Kiteboarding, I, Erik Stone, apologize for Best Kiteboarding's ignorance, stance, and decisions regarding kitesurfing on Lake Calhoun, safely, with no incident. Though in the past, I've been proud to be a member of the Best Kiteboarding Team, I am ashamed for Best's unsupportive stance toward the MN kiteboarding community.

Though my suspension was to be temporary, I will not accept any reinstatement as a Team Rider for Best Kiteboarding.

My wish and recommendation, is that Best publicly apologizes to the entire MN kiteboarding community, for supporting a minority of kiteboarders, who perpetuate misinformation, including information about Best Kiteboarding products, and who discourage would-be kiteboarders from safely excelling in kiteboarding in MN, at a detriment to the MN kiteboarding community as a whole.
Despite my feelings for or against Best, I do not base my decisions on kiteboarding products based on my feelings toward particular kiteboarding companies team riders, staff, or management decisions. I base, and always have based my decisions on kiteboarding product itself, on my own personal experience with that product, and in relation to other products that I have personal experience with. As a strong member of the International kiteboarding community, I will always share my views, and make decisions in a straight forward, honest, and forthright manner.
I would like to thank Best Kiteboarding for the 4 years that I've spent as a team rider promoting and riding their products. It has been a pleasure for me to ride such great products, and I hope it will continue to be a pleasure to ride Best products in the future.

This can be considered my official, public, permanent resignation from Best Kiteboarding as a Team Rider.
I retract nothing that I've said or done in this matter.

In the future, I look forward to meeting so many of the great people in the MN kiteboarding community that I've never met, as well as meeting again with old friends.

Be safe, enjoy kiteboarding, and let no one stop you from your dreams.

Sincerely,
Erik Stone

P.S. If anyone has anything to say to me on this matter and would like a response, please don't post it, email me at info@erikstone.info, since it's unlikely I'll be an active forum participant again, any time soon.
Jeff G

Re: Erik Stone's Kitesurfing Calhoun Apology, as requested

Post by Jeff G »

14 CARAT CAKE WITH VANILLA CREAM
CHEESE FROSTING

2 cups all-purpose flour
2 tsp. baking powder
1 1/2 tsp. baking soda
1 tsp. salt
2 tsp. ground cinnamon
4 eggs
2 c. sugar
1 1/2 c. oil
2 c. grated raw carrots
1 (8 1/2 oz.) can crushed pineapple, drained
1/2 c. chopped nuts

VANILLA CREAM CHEESE FROSTING:

1/2 c. butter
1 (8 oz.) pkg. cream cheese, softened
1 tsp. vanilla
1 lb. powdered sugar, sifted

Sift together flour, baking powder, soda, salt and cinnamon. Beat eggs and add sugar. Let stand until sugar dissolves, about 10 minutes. Stir in oil, carrots, drained pineapple and nuts. Turn into 3 greased and floured 9 inch round cake pans or 1 (13 x 9 inch) pan and bake at 350 degrees for 35 to 40 minutes for layer pans and about 55 minutes for 13 x 9 inch pan, or until cake springs back when lightly touched. Cool in pans about 10 minutes, then turn onto wire racks to cool completely.

To make frosting, combine butter, cream cheese and vanilla in large bowl and beat until well blended. Add powdered sugar gradually, beating vigorously. If too thick, thin with milk to spreading consistency. Frost between layers, top and sides of layer cake. Frost top and sides of sheet cake.
steveb

Post by steveb »

:lol: Jeff thanks..
Regional Ozone Team rider
Bryce

Post by Bryce »

That sounds frickin' amazing right now. Might have to make that this weekend! I'll post a picture :D
Bryce

Add to google map for MN kiting spots!
Minnesota Kiting Map
Lee_Uptown

Post by Lee_Uptown »

Hahaha! :lol: this is a great start for the weekend. Thanks for the recipe jeff, i'm gonna make John try it... hehehe :-D
Phillipl

Post by Phillipl »

:shock:
Jeff,
What kind of nuts go well in with the frosting? You didn't specify
toyletbowl

Post by toyletbowl »

rotflmfao.

jeff g...that was probably the funniest most appropriate post i've seen in a long long time.

send me your address to bob@kiteridersllc.com.

i have a small gift to send you. serious. funny stuff like that deserves a reward.

love carrot cake. lol.

bob
http://www.kiteridersllc.com
bob
kiteridersllc.com
madtown, wi. usa
planet earth.
Tom L

Post by Tom L »

LMFAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Let's eat cake.
johnz

Post by johnz »

We have a bunch of extra carrots at the Z family household.

We are going to make your recipe today, Jeff, thanks!
John Z
Midwest Mountaineering/Slingshot Regional Team Rider
JRN

Post by JRN »

Jeff, Excellent!! If you have another one for Nutty Fruitcake, please post it. :lol:
WARNING:
I AM AN UNREFORMED SERIAL FLIRT!!
(please respond accordingly ;^{})
MK

Post by MK »

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
tailwindsaloft

Post by tailwindsaloft »

Who wants to make a bet that Erik will show up on Lake Calhoun to kiteboard during the summer? He needs to pet his own ego. Now that he doesn't have a sponsor, and a complete disregard for his own peers, he'll show up. I've seen many times when windsurfers (including my self) have gotten in the way of kiteboarders and vice versa. The difference... as we learn, we improve the level of safety. It may be inconvient for me to only windsurf at Waconia when there's a crossing at Millacs, but I know my own skill level and don't want to interfere with kiteboarders out there.

This wasn't a apology this was a rant. He has no clue.
Erik Stone

Post by Erik Stone »

Carrot cake has always been one of my favorites, and now I'll always know where to find the recipe.
Erik Stone

Post by Erik Stone »

tailwindsaloft wrote: Sun Nov 01, 2009 3:13 pm Who wants to make a bet that Erik will show up on Lake Calhoun to kiteboard during the summer? He needs to pet his own ego. Now that he doesn't have a sponsor, and a complete disregard for his own peers, he'll show up. I've seen many times when windsurfers (including my self) have gotten in the way of kiteboarders and vice versa. The difference... as we learn, we improve the level of safety. It may be inconvient for me to only windsurf at Waconia when there's a crossing at Millacs, but I know my own skill level and don't want to interfere with kiteboarders out there.

This wasn't a apology this was a rant. He has no clue.

I’m glad someone figured out that I didn’t apologize. There were some minor “hints” about that in my “rant”, lol. Unfortunately, you lost your bet, if anyone was smart enough to take it.
I didn’t live in MPLS at the time, I haven’t since then, and I never would again. It’s a horrible place with horrible people, and it’s only gotten worse. Calhoun is an obviously terrible place to ride anything, actually, but showing up the local bumpkins is my infinite recommendation to all the skilled kiteboarders who have had to suffer living among Minneapolisans. The writing was on the wall long before 2009, and it’s these kinds of idiots that have made MPLS what it is today, and I’m not only talking about kiteboarding.

So long, suckers!

If you really want to learn anything about kiteboarding or life, and have to stay in MN, get out of the Twin Cities and live in MN country.