The Wac on Sunday?

Stay connected in the wind. This forum is for anyone who rides the wind, winter or summer, on whatever board suits their fancy. Share the stoke, find out where people are going, ask any question, share your discoveries, and discuss any esoteric idea you may have related to the pursuit of wind. Please keep it positive.

Moderator: MK

smrsco

The Wac on Sunday?

Post by smrsco »

Anyone going to stay local and hit Waconia tomorrow (Sunday)? I have to work in the AM and may not make the drive to mille.
Eric P

Re: The Wac on Sunday?

Post by Eric P »

I'll be there as soon as it is looking really good. See you there.
Eric
stefen.L

Post by stefen.L »

200pm :P :P !!!!!!
chanrider

Post by chanrider »

Just got back from a 12-hour family vacation drive with a 2 and 4 year old Saturday night, so I couldn’t run off to the lake first thing Sunday. Had to watch the kiddies until 3pm. When I finally got to the Wac folks were rigging down. I ended up rigging 3.9M with an 85L wave board I picked up earlier in the season. It was my first time on this combo and I went too far downwind on the first tack, but it felt good so I worked my way back upwind on the next few tacks and it was really quite good. There were still a few lulls, but not too many. It’s a different ballgame judging “gusts” and “lulls” when it’s that windy. Paradigm shift!

I ended up just looking for smoke on the water… smoke is good and time to get upwind. No smoke, sheet in and bear away. Big swell was super fun. More tomorrow? Let’s hope!
Mark F