Man vs. Wild

Stay connected in the wind. This forum is for anyone who rides the wind, winter or summer, on whatever board suits their fancy. Share the stoke, find out where people are going, ask any question, share your discoveries, and discuss any esoteric idea you may have related to the pursuit of wind. Please keep it positive.

Moderator: MK

Browbry

Man vs. Wild

Post by Browbry »

Has anyone ever caught this show? The host Bear Grylls is an outdoor adventurer. He saved his parachute he used to jump off a plane into whatever glacier he decided to teach viewers survival techniques the other night. I think he was in Alaska. Maybe Garrison. No definitely Alaska or Siberia. Anyways. It got to a point in the afternoon where it started to get darker and frickin' freezing ass cold. -30. He walked up to this huge open lake type area. It was getting dark. What did Bear do?

He took his parachute and some old antique type wooden skis he found in an abandoned chalet he was already using as snow shoes. He did not have a bar, but did turn the chute into what he called a "kite" and the parachute pulled him at a pretty good clip all the way across this vast empty land. I screamed, "hes kiting, he's kiting! Good for Bear!" Good for me getting to watch bear kicking ass w very limited resources. I especially get a kick out of him because of the way he pronounces words w his British accent. Glacier is pronounced by Bear: glay see ar. There are plenty of other funny pronunciations and shows to come. Check him out on Discovery. You can learn some pretty cool tricks if ever out trying to survive in a place your not accustomed to being in.
JRN

Re: Man vs. Wild

Post by JRN »

Next time you're stranded without a sleeping bag, simply slice open a convenient deer carcass & CRAWL INSIDE!! I get grossed out when he drinks sludgy water out of mud puddles. I can't believe he hasn't contracted some serious disease. I think Rudeboy posted about an episode where he was actually injured. I saw a Mad TV clip where MY hero and role model, Bobby Lee, parodied Bear, but ended up crying and throwing a tantrum when the camera crew wouldn't share their bottled water. :lol:
WARNING:
I AM AN UNREFORMED SERIAL FLIRT!!
(please respond accordingly ;^{})
Dave Z

Re: Man vs. Wild

Post by Dave Z »

Interestingly enough he severely injured his shoulder snowkiting in Antarctica last year....

http://skinnymoose.com/adventurist/?p=1440