Another Sunday report

Stay connected in the wind. This forum is for anyone who rides the wind, winter or summer, on whatever board suits their fancy. Share the stoke, find out where people are going, ask any question, share your discoveries, and discuss any esoteric idea you may have related to the pursuit of wind. Please keep it positive.

Moderator: MK

Eric S

Another Sunday report

Post by Eric S »

Hey, a few of us got out and boarded at Monticello HS on the field there. It doesn't look like we had the snow cover of the Polo Grounds but it was perty rad. It's hard to tell but it looks like we had more wind cause we were on 2M, 3.3M and 4M foils and perty powered. The snow conditions looked alot worse tho.

Snow was drifting madly so there was alot of sod you had to ride on then into 3ft drifts. I kind of sanded off the heel edge of my board on some of the mud. No frost yet. For sure it was good to be back out there but looking forward to having some base or ice under snow. My board took a beating.

Only one mishap when we lost a kite into a goal post. There were a few good berms to hit where the snow was collecting.

No one was hurt, no property or equipment was damaged. It was a good day!
kyakmike

Post by kyakmike »

OH MY GOSH!! I always thought that field too small for kite ski stuff (I STILL don't know how to do the board thang yet) Sunday I was using the weather conditions as an excuse not to go to the damned near mandatory Sunday "coffee" thing at the mother in laws... ;-) BUT if I had known you were going, I could have made it....
I am always Very carefull about ANY kind of damage to that field, as that is the Only local buggy field I've found, and don't want to lose it...........
I know in the spring when they start mowing, I show up and see tire skid marks, I turn around and go home, cause I don't want them blaming ME and my buggy...
Anyway, next time let me know so I can join the fun....
(besides, I still need some help with the frenzy.. ;-)
and I think one of my 2000 series kites was put away "bad" last winter... I forget which one.. ;-(
My cell # 320-260-0583
Mikey Luvs Ya!!