Liquid force Havoc???

Stay connected in the wind. This forum is for anyone who rides the wind, winter or summer, on whatever board suits their fancy. Share the stoke, find out where people are going, ask any question, share your discoveries, and discuss any esoteric idea you may have related to the pursuit of wind. Please keep it positive.

Moderator: MK

smrsco

Liquid force Havoc???

Post by smrsco »

Does anyone on here fly '08 liquid force Havocs ?

I'm looking to replace my big kite (13m Bullaroo) and am unsure of which size to get, the 12m or 14m Havoc? I know that the Bullaroos are a grunty kite but have also heard that the havocs are supposed to fly like a kite 2m larger. From what I've read on the internet I'm leaning towards the 12m but would like a second opinion.

Thanks for any advice!
Lee_Uptown

Re: Liquid force Havoc???

Post by Lee_Uptown »

We have a 08' 14m and a 09' 12m (haven't flown). I'd go with the 12 because the 14 is kinda slow... I'll be riding malmo this weekend. Check it out if you want to.
ice_kmauve

Post by ice_kmauve »

that brand doesn't have very many riders in this area. Any reason you chose it?
"They call me Doctor Love.. Doctor love!!" - an obscure rock band.
P R Key

Post by P R Key »

Great kites! I would go with the 12 it has a ton of range. More than you would think.

A lot of people in Green Bay this year are riding the Havoc's and the 12 is the money size. I don't have any time on the Havoc's since I have been riding the 09 Session 9 and 12 this year (love them). Let me know if you would like to contact one of the riders there and I will hunt down a number for you.
BBAddict

Post by BBAddict »

I did a ton of research and reading on the Liquid Force kites when I was buying new kites this year. It was really hard to choose between the Ozone and Liquid Force. The LF Havoc is an incredible kite and if you haven't seen the new control bar and the construction of the kite, it is definitely worth taking a closer look at. Velocity kiting has had the LF kites at a few events and I'm super impressed with the bomber construction. I've heard nothing but awesome reviews about the kite from people I know that have flown it. I think you'd like the 12m a lot!

I agree, icekmauve, it's too bad that there aren't more people flying the different brands. There are a lot of great kites out there that aren't seen often in MN--just look at videos from top kiting destinations--it would be nice to see more of the Flexifoil, LF, Eclipse, Cab, RRD and others.
drknap

Post by drknap »

****** insert slingshot promotion here ******

J/K
Dave Z

Post by Dave Z »

:D :D :D :D :D Good one Kurt!
smrsco

Post by smrsco »

Lee_Uptown: I'll be at Malmo tomorrow so I'll look out for you...

P R Key: Now I'm also considering a 9m and 12m Session quiver. However I'm a bit concerned that they'd overlap too much, mainly because they don't make a kite sized between the two. For example, with the Havoc I would go with an 8m and a 12m, skipping the 10m. My current quiver consists of a 9m waroo, the 13 bullaroo and two boards (one light wind and one standard). I feel like I'm covered nicely for our conditions (FYI: I weigh 155lbs). Do you feel like the 9 and 12 are far enough apart to keep you covered?

I guess the reason I'm thinking of going with LF is the sh#$ ton of praise I've found online with some of the great closeout deals to be had.
johnz

Post by johnz »

I gotta say that the last time I strayed from my preferred brand was liquid force. It was admittedly a couple years ago. The kite was o. k., the control bar was mediocre, but most importantly, their customer service was NON EXISTENT.

I was trying to replace/upgrade parts on the bar and I couldn't get anyone anywhere to return a call or email.

FYI, from a pimp:). I really think companies that don't support you after the sale SUCK! (sorry, Tighe, I got a little negative)

Maybe things have changed since then. With somebody like Jeremy and the velocity guys on your side, I can't help but think the experience will be different.

Happy shopping!
John Z
Midwest Mountaineering/Slingshot Regional Team Rider
Eric P

Post by Eric P »

I got to ride the 12 M 08 Havoc yesterday, and must say the first impresion was great. The wind was also great, so that could be part of it. It seamed to go up wind really well, and the boost was very comfortable, even though I only had five minutes on it. The best feeling I got from it was un-hooked. It had some serious pop, with great control, and the kite didn't move once I left the water. I really liked that. We have one in the mail (10M) and I was very excited to get some more water time on that kite. I hope the 10 behaves just like the 12 did yesterday.
Eric
P R Key

Post by P R Key »

smrsco: The 9 and 12 Session's do overlap a bit but they end up covering me from 12 to 40 mph with the right boards. If you ever want to demo one let me know.

John: LF has changed a ton over the years. I haven't had any issues with customer support because there kites don't seem to have any issues. (at least the for the 08's and 09's) I've sold quite a few and have not had any issues. I can say this, if there ever are issues I will be sure they are taken care of.

Eric: Glad to hear you liked the Havoc. Everyone that rides them all say the same. Enjoy your 10.
John Rangel

Post by John Rangel »

Yeah, I've been riding the havoc for a about a year and a half now.... My first havoc, the 07 14 Meter was alright.. not sure what to think it was my first kite... after a few nasty tangles and crashes the leading edge ripped open and it exploded...... so, I emailed the extreme air store where I got it to see about a warranty and nobody answered me. also I called and left a message and no returned phone call...... Glad nobody answered me because I just sent John Romais (liquid force customer support Rep) at liquid force.com.... I sent him a pic of my kite and he sent me an address and I shipped it to the address and they Sent me a Brand New 08 Havoc with bag pump and bar and lines........ How's that for customer service.... buy an 07, pump it up too hard cause your a rookie get it all tangled up and crash it a million times.. then send it in 4 months later and get a brand new 08 and bar and lines and get to keep you 07 pump and bar and lines too...... Liquid Force has my business after that always.....
JRN

Post by JRN »

LF? Make a heckofa wakeboard, but their kiteboards seem heavy to me. They look like a C-Kite with an LEI bridle, but also look well constructed. How is the re-launch? On Tuesday I had the only non-SS kite on the beach, so Tighe is doing a good job, but it is nice to know there are alternatives. IMHO :roll:
WARNING:
I AM AN UNREFORMED SERIAL FLIRT!!
(please respond accordingly ;^{})
smrsco

Post by smrsco »

Thanks for all the great advice!

I just pulled the trigger on an '09 12m Session for my big kite because I have read that it's got a better low end than the 12m havoc. For my small kite I'm planing on getting an 8m Havoc.

Can't wait to get out again!!!