WBL Sunday after 4:00?

Stay connected in the wind. This forum is for anyone who rides the wind, winter or summer, on whatever board suits their fancy. Share the stoke, find out where people are going, ask any question, share your discoveries, and discuss any esoteric idea you may have related to the pursuit of wind. Please keep it positive.

Moderator: MK

johntr

WBL Sunday after 4:00?

Post by johntr »

Anyone looking to get out Sunday at 4:00 or so? Looks like it might clear (and blow!) at least briefly. What do the prognosticators say? It is Fathers Day, so I'm predicting at least enough wind top torture those fathers with small children who can't get out today.

John
tom_latcham

Re: WBL Sunday after 4:00?

Post by tom_latcham »

I think I will take a chance and head to Rutherford on WBL. I hope the wind comes up. I kitesurf shows the peak at 7pm at 15 SE. So far it is under perfoming forcast. But lets hope if the sun breaks through it might change. It is coming up south and west already. It might be time to head out. Should arive before 2:30.
TL
Dave Z

Post by Dave Z »

Wow - that's the best Father's Day I've had in a long time. Been a long time since NWS has been so wrong on the forecast too. Chad, Max, Alex and I all got there around 2. By the time I had my 16 pumped up it had picked up! Always good to ride my 12. Nice to see we got our fix today.
Geo

Post by Geo »

That's as close as you get to a "surprise father's day party". and the wind dies off just in time for dinner.
MAXIMILIANO

Post by MAXIMILIANO »

It was awesome! by 3:30 there were around 12 or 15 kites.....What a party with 15-25mph winds.
johntr

Post by johntr »

Yes, it was a fun day. I was one of two windsurfers out there, and despite some rough times keeping weeds off my fin, it was a blast.

I did see one kiter doing some dangerous stuff. The guy with the card symbols on white shorts was doing tricks right next to the pier, which seems suicidal to me ... but I suppose he gets to choose to take that risk. However, he also threw a jump right next to the beach, missed a landing, face planted about 5 feet off short, and crashed his kite hard on the beach. The young boy who was kayaking took off running, and thankfully noone got hurt ... but this seems a risk that is more than just individual. I'm hoping one of you experienced kiters talked to this guy about staying safe!

Thanks,
John
Reds

Post by Reds »

I have to say no one - not even the best kiter - should be pulling tricks right near shore unless you are on a deserted island. The beach is open to all users and we are it's guests. If one incident happens we could all loose our pass. One guy lost control and bounced off the pontoon and dock. Another kite crashed the beach. Let's keep the shoreline open for launching and landing. Feel free to risk your own life if you wish out on the lake. I need to live to kite another day!
Patrick