Saturday

Stay connected in the wind. This forum is for anyone who rides the wind, winter or summer, on whatever board suits their fancy. Share the stoke, find out where people are going, ask any question, share your discoveries, and discuss any esoteric idea you may have related to the pursuit of wind. Please keep it positive.

Moderator: MK

BSMITH

Saturday

Post by BSMITH »

It looks like another big one on the big lake Saturday. I'll guess 20 to 30+ mph/waves 6 to 8. ...and wet of course.
I probably won't be able to make it. I would have to leave by 1:30!
Dave Z

Post by Dave Z »

I might be in the same boat, Brian. The wifey is due with baby in about 3-4 weeks so I might have to stay close to home. Looks like the forecasters don't quite have a handle on where this L is gonna go but it looks like we could have wind (and COLD) Sat through Monday. Sphincters crossed :shock:
stevegoertz

Post by stevegoertz »

SO HOW EXACTLY TO YOU CROSS YOUR SPHINCTER - :!: Sounds Painful - but not as painful as a 34 degree's with 20mph winds that it appears we'll get saturday locally - I had already put away my gear for the season when black dog lake outside the office froze - now I'm ready to bring it back out -
Dave Z

Post by Dave Z »

Sunday is now looking like the "better" (and I use that term loosely) day on Superior:

.SAT NIGHT...NE WIND INCREASING TO 30 KT. A CHANCE OF SNOW. WAVES
BUILDING TO 6 TO 9 FT.
.SUN...NE WIND TO 30 KT. SNOW LIKELY. WAVES 7 TO 10 FT.
.MON...N WIND TO 30 KT. SNOW LIKELY. WAVES 7 TO 10 FT.

They're calling for a high of 26 but with lake water temps about 42 degrees what does that mean for the air temps at Park Point?