Cannon

Stay connected in the wind. This forum is for anyone who rides the wind, winter or summer, on whatever board suits their fancy. Share the stoke, find out where people are going, ask any question, share your discoveries, and discuss any esoteric idea you may have related to the pursuit of wind. Please keep it positive.

Moderator: MK

BSMITH

Cannon

Post by BSMITH »

Heading to Cannon for the big big wind.
Randy

Re: Cannon

Post by Randy »

Can't resist. It does look like stronger and less chance of afternoon rain. See you there. Hope to see some of our southern MN brothers. It's been awhile for me.
Ride...just be it!
www.just-be-it.com
Bill S.

Post by Bill S. »

Randy, great to see you, brother. You were right: the late session was the best: full-on 4.0!

Bill
Randy

Post by Randy »

Really great to see so many who've shared so much on this beautiful lake (before it goes green). Showed up around noon and Mike had been out since 10:30. I rigged my 5m and was wound and rigged down to 4.5m after a couple hours. The direction seemed to have a little east to it, so it never came straight down the shoot. Great ramp set ups to the west side of the lake, however. Peter Hill and Steve Erickson arrived to put on 4.7m sails and eventually went down to 4.2M. Brian, it just wasn't the same without you, man. Kelly sustained a should injury, yet carried a wide smile for the great rides had up to that point. I can't imagine trying to get out of that drysuit. Hopefully you're feeling better today. Peter Hill was throwing some wicked loops for the conditions. Hopefully your ankle's feeling better.
Bill and I share the same birthday, love for music and love for boardsport. We're anticipating wind and a musical festival with the return of fall winds on Sept. 15.
Anyway, there's something about Cannon that's like an invocation to the season. The bald eagles, cormorants, herons, and that swinging sign that lets you know when the winds hit 40mph...it's all good.
Bill, glad the big wind hit for you. What a great way to spend your last day of the semester.
Ride...just be it!
www.just-be-it.com
sunny

Post by sunny »

Hey Randy, Thanks for your concern, pretty wicked yesterday, but loved every minute of it.......unfortunately the last catapult was the shoulder killer....yet the experience was priceless....still smiling....but add a little grimace in there for the pain. It was great to see all of you ripping it out there.......I keep telling myself "someday" Hey Pete, thanks again for rescuing my board and your sail when my shoulder went out...
live life every day to the limit
Pete

Post by Pete »

Kelley, aka "Sunny" you are hard core to just be out there braving that wind on a GO board, and in the straps and harness to boot. That was an awesome session but sorry you got injured! Mr. Hill's looping was crazy in the respect that he'd throw them even in the "freight train" gusts. NO fear ~*~ balls of STEEL! Looking forward to the NW winds on Saturday. Will you be joining us at "The Point?"
sunny

Post by sunny »

Hey Pete.....definately thinking about Saturday, trying to find a brace of some sort for my shoulder to restrict movement, hence, if I go flying my shoulder won't...it's still pretty sore, but after the taste of those big winds.....I'm hooked. See ya!

Kelly
live life every day to the limit
steve erickson

Post by steve erickson »

Pete
Does the point work for NW or would the marina in Pepin on the Wisc side be better?
Also what is the best source for current conditions in Lake City?
Pete

Post by Pete »

Yea, "the point" works great on a NW and you would run into a bit of a wind shadow launching from Pepin WI. I am not aware of anything that gives actual, current conditions in Lake City. The Red Wing readings always seem to be lower than what is actually happening on the lake. Anyway, I really like this forecast tool.

http://www.iwindsurf.com/windandwhere.i ... meoffset=1