WB water temp

Stay connected in the wind. This forum is for anyone who rides the wind, winter or summer, on whatever board suits their fancy. Share the stoke, find out where people are going, ask any question, share your discoveries, and discuss any esoteric idea you may have related to the pursuit of wind. Please keep it positive.

Moderator: MK

johnbaker17

WB water temp

Post by johnbaker17 »

Just curious... anyone know the water temp at da Bear?
John
anne of willmar

Re: WB water temp

Post by anne of willmar »

for what it's worth, green lake is 47 degrees; tomorrow's opening day!!!
Reds

Post by Reds »

I was in my boat last sat (thus obtaining a temp reading) and the water was around 50 degrees. Kited last thurs and in a dry suit I was warm. I'm not sure how to dress tomorrow if the water is 50 and the air is 80. Gotta dress for the swim though so it looks like a cookout inside the drysuit. If the wind is straight south I guess Rutherford is the call. I'm not sure why it would be much different from Ramsay Beach. Anyone? I should be a la playa around noon!
Patrick
johnbaker17

Post by johnbaker17 »

Thanks for the temp info!
Ramsey is shaddowed by Manitou Island and gets really bad wind from the south... it's okay if there's any east in it, even just a little, but tomorrow looks straight south and maybe a hint of west in the afternoon. If you go before noon you might have some east still in it before it shifts. I'll be there later in the day (6ish) so I'll be at Rutherford.

BUT! Never know what tomorrow will bring, so eyes on the sky and hope for a report from those who get there early.

John
johnbaker17

Post by johnbaker17 »

Now it looks like the wind won't have any west in it, and might actually stay just east of due south, so Ramsey may work after all... especially since the swimming bouys aren't in yet. :D