Thinking about hitting lake washington

Stay connected in the wind. This forum is for anyone who rides the wind, winter or summer, on whatever board suits their fancy. Share the stoke, find out where people are going, ask any question, share your discoveries, and discuss any esoteric idea you may have related to the pursuit of wind. Please keep it positive.

Moderator: MK

tom_latcham

Thinking about hitting lake washington

Post by tom_latcham »

The wind forcast for lake washigton looks higher than White Bear. Anyone else thiking of riding today on the SE winds. Any ideas on the best launch site. Post or call my cell 330-354-9538
TL
BBAddict

Re: Thinking about hitting lake washington

Post by BBAddict »

I think Dassel is the the only option for any wind with south in it on Washington. It can be a little gusty on a SE, but it is ridable and is better if you get into the bay just to the west of the launch.

Seth
Nathan B

Post by Nathan B »

Tom - Seths right it can be really gusty but totally doable just its on shore so ya have to go out a ways I wish I could join ya miss riding the west side, washington is the bomb! nothig like a good NW at elseworth.

Lake Ripley works on a south east theres a grassy park to launch form ( nice to have someone to launch ya but Ive selfed launch there a few times Im sure Jerry and Peter have also. can be a really fun spot on a SE .

hope u get some.

Nb
RobH

Post by RobH »

Buffalo also works on SE, nice launch site over by Mill Creek side of the lake - just past the boat launch down on Buffalo lake. Ill be checking it out if I can escape work at a decent time
Rob Hyland
Cabrinha Shop Rider / Lakawa Team Rider
Nathan B

Post by Nathan B »

Yea Rob thats a fun spot and a really nice launch all that grassy acreage is so sweet !
Rob do you know the people live next to that spot the ones with the Slider ?? and is it still there ?? wonder if thats the family that used to own Crystal Ski n Patio , I rode out there with there son Blake years ago at some wakefest.
tried to session that thing a few times with the kite but the wind just never lined up right and its so close to shore. but would love to get ahold of them and see if we could winch it !!
tom_latcham

Post by tom_latcham »

Usually I have to pump my kite up to kill the wind. Today I only have to text I might.
BBAddict

Post by BBAddict »

I was just sitting here feeling the slight breeze thinking that I was actually OK with putting work before play for once and glad that I didn't chase you up there! Maybe it'll come up later--tomorrow still looks promising.
RobH

Post by RobH »

Checked out Buffalo lake launch - wind tonight was directly on shore, the dock is not in yet so should work well for SE. Nate - I belive Blakes place was further down the shoreline, I think his thing was cornstalk or corn something for the wakeboard event - he was a pretty good rider - have no idea what he has been doing lately or if they still have the slidders out there. Pulaski ice went out today and the Wakeboard boats were out in force - let the games begin!
Rob Hyland
Cabrinha Shop Rider / Lakawa Team Rider
seamonkey

Post by seamonkey »

Hi Rob! I heard it's going to dump up to 2 feet in the Wasatch range tomarrow. Let's hook up sometime.
" Real living begins on the far side of despair " _ Jean Paul Sartre
Tighe

Post by Tighe »

FYI, Jerry mentioned they are being a bit more strict about buying passes to the Dassel Gun Club this year. It's a great launch and they've been great to tolerate us over the years. Buy the pass at the Amoco on the south side of 12 as you enter from the East.
Tighe
Rick R

Post by Rick R »

I get a pass every year, it so cheap and so worth it. even just for the karma credit :) the people in dassel are nice and i always get the feeling that they apreciate the fact that I have invested a little into being part of the community. does it seem like the water has warmed up a little or was it just a really nice day yesterday?
Rick
peterrib

Post by peterrib »

The $15.00 is worth ever penny even if you only use it a few times. They really appreciate it. I was noticing that the lake Assc. signs were looking a little ratty so I pulled them all down and in my spare time this winter I repainted them and reinstalled, courtesy of all the area Kiters and Wind Surfers. We get a nice positive plug in the news letter. Most of the folks that live on the lake enjoy watching the show and most seem more than willing to help when someone is in need. I had my Spleen Door returned by a fisherman who refused any reward. Still the small town feeling.
Peter
Dean Rizer

Post by Dean Rizer »

Hey Peter, thanks for doing that on our behalf. Have you been out yet? Watch those long cold swims in. I remember your story from last spring....didn't sound like fun, best part you were dressed for it.
tom_latcham

Post by tom_latcham »

I also want to thank Peter for being a good ambassador for the sport. I like the gun club launch. 15 dollars is a steal for the nice way they keep up the landing. I purchased a membership last year at amaco and mailed in my fee this year when they sent my renewal form.
TL
peterrib

Post by peterrib »

Dean,
Had a long swim in yesterday, tho not an hour swim like last year. My leading edge popped the fill plug and deflated quite aways out. First ride on Washington for the year. Hope this doesn't become my ritual ride. Last years ordeal was too much! Today was alot better. Rode with Jerry both days. He's always fun to follow.
Soon, Peter
Dean Rizer

Post by Dean Rizer »

Peter, happy to hear it wasn't a repeat of last year. Cold water shrinks everything else I wonder if those valve seats don't get loose when they come in contact with cold water? I'm looking forward to getting out there. Do you think Jerry will sing some new tunes this year?

Dean
JERRY

Post by JERRY »

I'm sticking with Glen Campbell hits and a song Peterib wrote call "I Like....Big....Racks & I cannot Lie" :shock:

Ellsworth Landing today @ Washington. :)

j
"The Pessimist complains about the wind; the optomist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails." William Arther Ward
Tom L

Post by Tom L »

Hey Jerry,

Can you shoot me an email. I tried sending one to you and it bounced. tom at loweprofiledotcom