BUILDING A SAILBOARD

Stay connected in the wind. This forum is for anyone who rides the wind, winter or summer, on whatever board suits their fancy. Share the stoke, find out where people are going, ask any question, share your discoveries, and discuss any esoteric idea you may have related to the pursuit of wind. Please keep it positive.

Moderator: MK

Jason

BUILDING A SAILBOARD

Post by Jason »

HAS ANYONE TRIED BUILDING A BOARD? IF SO I WOULD LIKE TO PICK YOUR BRAIN. I HAVE BEEN RESEARCHING THIS FOR ABOUT A YEAR AND AM READY TO GIVE IT A SHOT. ANY INFORMATION OR ADVICE WOULD BE GREAT.

THANKS
Eric S

Post by Eric S »

for water or ice?

Some guys have some good experince. Check out the Rothaman boyz. I think there dad is a local builder of water boards.
BSMITH

Post by BSMITH »

It's a brutal job! Iasco in St. Louis Park has everything you will need except a blank and boxes. After replacing a couple boxes and some other major repairs I decided I would much rather pay someone anthing they want to fix/build me one!
Jason

Post by Jason »

A BOARD FOR THE WATER. HOW DO I FIND THE ROTHMAN BOYZ? OR THEIR FATHER. DO THEY HAVE A SHOP.

WHAT DO YOU MEAN BRUTAL? IS IT COMPLICATED, TIME CONSUMING, TOO EXPENSIVE OR WHAT?
Jim N

HAND MADE

Post by Jim N »

A BACK ISSUE OF WINSURF MAG HAS AN ARTICLE..MADE W/ LAMINATED SHEETS OF FOAM INSULATION. MAYBE THEIR WEBSITE? TERAN & MICHAEL BUILT SLALOM BOARDS..DIANE (jud) STILL SAILS ONE, BUT I CAN'T RECALL HIS LAST NAME.. STEVE B. WOULD KNOW..HOPE IT HELPS...JN :roll:
Dave

Post by Dave »

Jason,

You can give me a call and I'll tell ya what I know. My dad and I built about 15 EPS, fully divinycell wrapped boards about 10 years ago. Our 9 foot boards weighed about 12 pounds. 763-497-2134

Dave Rothman
steveb

judd

Post by steveb »

Judds last name is Nelson, Mikchaels last name is Martindale.