A sobering story

Stay connected in the wind. This forum is for anyone who rides the wind, winter or summer, on whatever board suits their fancy. Share the stoke, find out where people are going, ask any question, share your discoveries, and discuss any esoteric idea you may have related to the pursuit of wind. Please keep it positive.

Moderator: MK

Death Roll

Re: A sobering story

Post by Death Roll »

Mark,

I had unfortunately a similar experience kiting where I broke 10 ribs, etc this new years kiting and landing on ice....So I can feel some of your pain! I met you down in Padre with Roger B.....we hope you mend well!

At least you can not remember what happened....I keep replaying over in my head what happened to me--"THUD--GASP for air"

I know your situation seems like it sucks, my does, but I try to focus on what is really important and it sounds like you're doing that and that you have folks to remind as well.

Take Care

Adam
TomG

Post by TomG »

scary story glad to hear your ok .. pull though
The real pro isnt the one who doesn't make a mistake. The real pro is the one that does the best job hiding it!
Paul F

Post by Paul F »

I had a similar thing happen on a MTN bike. I woke up once in the ambulance and then in the hospital. People say "it must be scary" or "you must have nightmares". I have no scary memories because I have no memories. The weird thing is the memories before a concussion are lost too. Check your helmet. Mine was inch thick styrofoam and one side was squashed down to a quarter inch. Get well.

A side effect is that whenever you see someone not using a helmet you will tell them the story of how a helmet saved your life. I do it all the time with bikers.