Movin on up to the east side

Stay connected in the wind. This forum is for anyone who rides the wind, winter or summer, on whatever board suits their fancy. Share the stoke, find out where people are going, ask any question, share your discoveries, and discuss any esoteric idea you may have related to the pursuit of wind. Please keep it positive.

Moderator: MK

seamonkey

Movin on up to the east side

Post by seamonkey »

After much deliberation, having put so much love and hard work into our south side bungalow, built in 1914, my wife and myself have decided to move to White Bear Lake. Leaving the summertime mexican beer bottles in my front yard won't be hard, but the hand hewn stone steps, stoop and lintel that I recently completed will be hard to leave.
" Real living begins on the far side of despair " _ Jean Paul Sartre
palmby

Re: Movin on up to the east side

Post by palmby »

welcome to the neighborhood. stop on by if youre in the mahto beach area and see the upstairs lights on.
erik
928 park ave
mahtomedi mn
seamonkey

Post by seamonkey »

Thanks for the welcome. If our deal goes through, I won't be on the lake, but 2 blocks from Bellaire park. Did I spell it right? Guess I have to live and die here in Minnesota. I saw a beautiful ice boat near Bellaire today. Nice to know there is more to do when there's no snow on the lake.
JRN

Post by JRN »

MIKE, We moved across town to be nearer d'Bear & windsurfing a couple decades ago, & are glad we did! We've got a great group of riders over here, & welcome more. Nice neighborhood, park & launch, Enjoy!
WARNING:
I AM AN UNREFORMED SERIAL FLIRT!!
(please respond accordingly ;^{})
RandyL

Post by RandyL »

Welcome to the neighborhood Mike :D
ImageLAKAWA /Local Slingshot Team Rider
Reds

Post by Reds »

your gonna like it...welcome! Patrick
Patrick
steveb

Post by steveb »

When Jim moved in Nancy and I moved out, we were scared the property values were going to take a hit.
We miss the brews at spinnackers with the crew after a day on the water but it's nice to be in the boonies too.
Regional Ozone Team rider
seamonkey

Post by seamonkey »

It won't be long when I can proclaim myself, Minnesotan. I've been displaced for too many years. Time too settle down ( a bit ) Gotta work on my backroll. Thank you for the warm welcoming, everyone. I hope you're not going to force me into joining the Moose Lodge or something :wink:
seamonkey

Post by seamonkey »

I forgot to mention the most important details. This all comes to me after my father died last fall. Our family brought the original Shropshire Sheep and Bates Shorthorn Cattle to this country many years ago. I am the only maverick/snowboarder/kitesurfer in my family. I will convert wool and the best beef into kites and surfboards. A ticket straight to hell.