Sat Jan 3

Stay connected in the wind. This forum is for anyone who rides the wind, winter or summer, on whatever board suits their fancy. Share the stoke, find out where people are going, ask any question, share your discoveries, and discuss any esoteric idea you may have related to the pursuit of wind. Please keep it positive.

Moderator: MK

Gust User

Sat Jan 3

Post by Gust User »

Anyone going out and where? Pepin looks sketchy. some snow cover but alot of bare spots. Is there a group meeting up anywhere?
Ride On!

Gamer Tag: Starbuxfiend
Tighe

Re: Sat Jan 3

Post by Tighe »

I'm thinking Rush lake west of Rush City.
Tighe
Matt G

Post by Matt G »

What time are people planning to head up there tomorrow?
Gust User

Post by Gust User »

So whats the call? I checked Rush. Doesn't look to good unless someone is seeing something I'm not.....
Ride On!

Gamer Tag: Starbuxfiend
dtownkiter

Post by dtownkiter »

how is the snow coverage at rush? rideable on a board? I am still trying to figure out where to ride today. Only if Duluth was closer....
Tighe

Post by Tighe »

Nice session at Rush today. 8-10 inches of snow. A fair bit of areas had some slush down under the snow, not really an issue though. Really a pretty good lake for E or SE. The SE fetch looked close to the NW fetch at Mahtomedi. Rode in 12-18 mph wind until it died off around 2:30.

Some guys from the Chisago chain mentioned that Green is a another great lake a bit closer to the cities. The conditions aren't as nice on Green yet though.

It's amazing the line of snow that came though with that last dump. 5 -10 miles south of Rush City there was a lot less snow.
Tighe