Monday at Mahtomedi

Stay connected in the wind. This forum is for anyone who rides the wind, winter or summer, on whatever board suits their fancy. Share the stoke, find out where people are going, ask any question, share your discoveries, and discuss any esoteric idea you may have related to the pursuit of wind. Please keep it positive.

Moderator: MK

Mike W

Monday at Mahtomedi

Post by Mike W »

I am planning on kiting Mahtomedi at WB at about 12:30pm today. Barry is headed there too. This may be the best snow covered terrain in the area right now. Come on out.
Barry P

Post by Barry P »

Just got back from Mahtomedi. The snow cover was actually pretty good. Still large ice patches, but the snow islands were pretty good size and close together. Mike W. was going vertical out on his 7.5 Mossy. I forgot my control bars at home and Mike was gracious to let me use his 4.9 Blade & rig. I had a lot of great rides :D . Soon two more guys showed up with Slingshots. What a beautiful day to be out!
Eric S

Post by Eric S »

aha, we are going to converge there tomorrow.

Nice low NW wind. some kkites, some snow.

cool.

back.
matt k

Post by matt k »

good day, Had 7 stitches put in after the session. I split my chin on a no whip raley that I didn't get enough pop off of, and did a face plant.

Winds were lighter at first then picked up after I went back out, some fun jumping winds I was really powered up on the 14.

Thanks again Joe for the first aid stuff I will have to pick a kit up.
Eric S

Post by Eric S »

Matt, you are one sick dude, dude!

I just tried my first jumps on a snowboard today and you are sticking "no whip raley"'s. on pure ice. Damn!

Hey, but it sounds like it is boardable on the mOT. We are GOING to check it out tomorrow. 10-15 sounds decent for my PsYchO.

well, maybe knot....
JERRY

Post by JERRY »

Hey, No Fear Matt.

A 1st aid kit is always a good idea to have. CPR & 1st. aid training is just good plain knowledge to have to assist friends, family and human kind.

I bet you still had that grin on you're face, even though bleeding. :)

Jerry
joe

Post by joe »

matt is an animal, his chin was split wide open and he just kept on kiting.
scottchapman

Post by scottchapman »

:o Pleasantly surprised to find good snow. There is about 80-85% snow coverage in the bay. Until we get some snow this is the closest place we have found for any ripping around the metro. Pray for snow because Red Bull Event needs to decide by 1/2/03 if they will hold the event or not.

HAPPY HOLIDAYS TO ALL :P
Need to buy a lake shore property or want to play some tennis or mountain bike during the week call or email me @ 612-720-0773