Please pray for Todd...

Stay connected in the wind. This forum is for anyone who rides the wind, winter or summer, on whatever board suits their fancy. Share the stoke, find out where people are going, ask any question, share your discoveries, and discuss any esoteric idea you may have related to the pursuit of wind. Please keep it positive.

Moderator: MK

JRN

Re: Please pray for Todd...

Post by JRN »

TODD & VICKI, We're sending a shout out to the BIG KITER, who boosts the highest, to help along the way to a speedy & complete recovery! I can never thank you enough for that time up on Milly when you told me EXACTLY what to do to get moving on a snowboard. I was more than grateful after a winter of dragging my face across the snow. I was also in awe when you put on that superb switchblade show at the 2nd winter crossing: Big boosts followed by feather light landings. I hope to do that when I grow up!! Hang in there, Dude. You'll be back in the sky in no time! Jim N.
WARNING:
I AM AN UNREFORMED SERIAL FLIRT!!
(please respond accordingly ;^{})
ollie

Post by ollie »

Todd, we're really sorry to hear about the accident, especialy now at the start of the spring season.
My hands want to pull back from the blade just thinking about it !! (after alot of years still scared of those things)
We've only met & talked a few times at Millie and Rice lakes but we hope to see you out there again soon!

Bev & Bryan Z near Duluth
BSMITH

Post by BSMITH »

Hang in there Todd. The desire to return to the water will speed the healing process. I guarantee it. I guess I've been lucky with the sharp stuff at work. I can't even remeber the last time I was electrocuted. I did just tear off a $10,000.00 garage door with a $100,000.00 boom truck. Just call me slick!

Brian
Pat Hinch

Post by Pat Hinch »

Todd -- Sorry to hear of teh accident.
They say it takes a little longer for us "old guys" to recover, but we do !!!
I'm sure we'll see you floating thru the sky soon.

Best wishes for a speedy recovery.
chanrider

Post by chanrider »

Todd, though I don't believe we've ever spoken face to face, I still know you've been a HUGE inspiration to the local community through your innovations, helping others and overall stoke. I am confident you'll continue to provide inspiration as you recover. Let us know if there's anything we can do for you and get well soon!
Last edited by chanrider on Sat Apr 26, 2008 10:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
Mark F
RobH

Post by RobH »

Our thoughts and prayers are with you. Heather and I were just wishing you two were down here on the flats with us to help us soak up the sun and tear up the dance floor at night. We know you will recover fast and be out riding soon.
Keep us updated

Rob and Heather
Rob Hyland
Cabrinha Shop Rider / Lakawa Team Rider
MK

Post by MK »

Not sure if we've met but accidents are never cool, especially to kiters, at the dawn of the summer.

I had a brother in-law who had a similar thing happen (understanably each case is different) but he had a complete and total recovery.

Hope your scenerio is similar.

Mike
pete168

Post by pete168 »

Good luck with the recovery Todd! You made it fun to ride on ice. I'm sure you've got some more inventions just waiting! Heal Fast!

Pete168
Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a well-preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up,totally worn out and loudly proclaiming. WOW! What a ride!!
Jason_L

Post by Jason_L »

Todd,

This is Jason Leske. I'm very sorry to hear about your accident. Knowing you, I"m sure you will recover much faster than anyone ever expected.

It was always a blast riding the shallows on Pelican with you. Best wishes and prayers for a speedy recovery and I will for sure be seeing you up there this summer. Take care Bud.

Jason
Uffe

Post by Uffe »

Todd, sorry to hear about your accident, hope you have a speedy recovery and get well soon.

/ Uffe
USWE 22
ajhubbard

Post by ajhubbard »

Todd and Vicki-
We are wishing you a full and speedy recovery, Todd. Let us know how we can help. We are minutes away in Plymouth.

Pelican neighbors, Amy & Tim Hubbard, Addie & Lydia
ajhubbard@comcast.net
Jag

Post by Jag »

Hi Todd,
Sorry to hear about your accident!--I spoke to you a few times on the phone about your switch blade product. I have three fingers I accidently ran through a router attachment to a radial arm saw in 1968; recovery takes awhile-I will pray for you.
Jag, 5/2/08
Duane

Post by Duane »

Todd sorry to hear about your accident. I am Jason Leske and Amy Hubbard's dad. Talked to you last fall when you were starting to build your new house. Best wishes for you and Vicki !! Maybe I will see your dad on Horseshoe Rd, as we walk there a lot and ask how you are doing. Duane and Sue Leske Golden Pine Estates
Browbry

Post by Browbry »

I met Todd last summer thru his young kite boarder friend/protege, Brian Tull. I kited with him at Reddy Creek the first time, then Pelican the second. Great guy! Bad things happen to good people! I hope a speedy recovery for you Todd.

Bryan Brown