Maple Lake Iceriding

Stay connected in the wind. This forum is for anyone who rides the wind, winter or summer, on whatever board suits their fancy. Share the stoke, find out where people are going, ask any question, share your discoveries, and discuss any esoteric idea you may have related to the pursuit of wind. Please keep it positive.

Moderator: MK

Eric S

Maple Lake Iceriding

Post by Eric S »

Jerry S and I are headed to Maple Lake by noon. Jerry says the ice is smooth, he rode on sunday.

Maple Lake is located about 5-10 mi west of Buffalo on hwy 55. The lake is right on the road and just east of the town/school of Maple lake.
Eric S

Post by Eric S »

The wind was a little flukey on Maple lake so we tried Ramsey lake just a little bit south on 8. There was flatland to the south east of the lake. Wind was ESE at about 10-15mph gusting to 20 maybe. Jerry was on Freeskate and 4.5, I was on 3.3 Blade and skates. Jerry got up to 35.9mph. I was only able to get up to 34.6mph

I can't imagine Alex going over 50mph, that must be AWESOME! The problem with skates is that your eyeballs start to jiggle and your vision gets blurry going that fast over rough ice :)

http://www.downhaul.com/misc/021217/

Bring on some snow!