Island lake kite expo, Feb. 9-10?

Stay connected in the wind. This forum is for anyone who rides the wind, winter or summer, on whatever board suits their fancy. Share the stoke, find out where people are going, ask any question, share your discoveries, and discuss any esoteric idea you may have related to the pursuit of wind. Please keep it positive.

Moderator: MK

jeff1

Island lake kite expo, Feb. 9-10?

Post by jeff1 »

Hey all,

Hope you can make it to the expo, its one of the few events that I will be able to make this year and am looking forward to meeting more kiters from our region.
DFD TEAM RIDER (team of one) + JRN honorary member
Tighe

Post by Tighe »

Looks like a great event. Hope to make it.

Randy is super promoter of the sport up there. And he get's to teach on his UMD Salary, so lessons are super cheap... $10 for the day! Wish I could offer that.

There's a PDF in the Events section with more details.

Sounds like they've been getting great snow up there too!
Tighe
jeff1

Post by jeff1 »

Tighe,

I wasn't thinking of the instructional part of the expo when I posted this, I was just trying to raise awareness to get to meet more people.

Sorry :oops:

I know that your not complaining, but I completly understand if you want to remove this post.

Jeff
DFD TEAM RIDER (team of one) + JRN honorary member
Tighe

Post by Tighe »

It's all good.
Tighe
dtownkiter

Post by dtownkiter »

i will probably be up there for that. I still owe Randy 20 bones from a year ago when I was at UMD so maybe I will stop in and pay up. It should be a good time and hopefully we get some more snow....and maybe meet some new freshman female kiters! Does anyone know if Randy set any rails or kickers up yet?

Adam
Mattchew

Post by Mattchew »

as randy says "the kite wants to fly". Lets hope for snow and wind, if all goes well i'll be up in d-town for an island lake reunion, i do owe my young kite passion to randy up at UMD. I encourage others to make the trek.