replacing bridle lines - foils

Stay connected in the wind. This forum is for anyone who rides the wind, winter or summer, on whatever board suits their fancy. Share the stoke, find out where people are going, ask any question, share your discoveries, and discuss any esoteric idea you may have related to the pursuit of wind. Please keep it positive.

Moderator: MK

Coach

replacing bridle lines - foils

Post by Coach »

I managed to get my B5 kite in a weird tangle, while still being flyable at the same time. I popped it up into the air, and hadn't noticed right away, but one of the bridle lines was wrapped around a few others. The bridles that were together started to shred the single line.

The core of the damaged line appears fine, but the line covering was shredded - so I'm figuring I should replace it eventually. Anybody know where I can find or make replacements for individual bridle lines?

-Coach
JERRY

Post by JERRY »

I have repaired my battlescar Flexifoil bridle lines several times. Since I've been an archer for many years, I had found that bowfishing spectra line in 100-200lb. test works well. This can be purchased at a minimal cost at any sport shop that sells archery supplies. Nice to keep in tackle box for emergency repairs.

Jerry
johnz

Post by johnz »

I've used (I think it's) PVC heatshrink tubing to fix the covering when the core hasn't been damaged. Probably not the most durable, but better than nothing :?
Coach

good idea!

Post by Coach »

Wow, hadn't even thought about it, but I have some heatshrink tubing here that would be the perfect size. What are the odds? Thanks! Awesome idea.

I've flown it since, and I'm pretty sure the core will hold up. It's definitely nicer to not have to replace the whole line.

-Coach
AP

broken line

Post by AP »

Hey Coach,
I can sew a new line for yer kite.
AP

alexpeterson@hotmail.com
Coach

Thanks!

Post by Coach »

Thanks! I might have to take you up on that. It's probably a safer/stronger option than just repairing the existing line...

-Coach