Aniversary

Stay connected in the wind. This forum is for anyone who rides the wind, winter or summer, on whatever board suits their fancy. Share the stoke, find out where people are going, ask any question, share your discoveries, and discuss any esoteric idea you may have related to the pursuit of wind. Please keep it positive.

Moderator: MK

Paul F

Aniversary

Post by Paul F »

The sticky at the top recently turned 5 years old. Did Lakawa just turn 5? It has to be much older than that.
Coach

Post by Coach »

It's older than that, for sure - but it appears this version is 5! cool...

The previous incarnation of LAKAWA was probably 3-4 years old when Tighe and I switched it over to phpBB and my hosting.

-Mark
Tighe

Post by Tighe »

LAWA (kiting wasn't here yet) was first put up on my account at Skypoint in 1996. It was primarily the lakes page and a few weather links. In 1998 there was a Stories section that had some great recaps of sessions in the wind. These are still in the the Stories forum in the Archive section
This forum was added around 2002. The rest is history...

I have a few versions of the older site. I'll throw them up sometime.

Trivia question for those who have been with the site from the beginning. What element currently on Lakawa was here from the start?
Last edited by Tighe on Fri Dec 14, 2007 8:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
Tighe
JRN

Thanks, Guys!!

Post by JRN »

A shout out to Tighe & Coach for keeping this site going! Thanks, guys, I don't know what we'd do without it. :D JRN P.S: Mark, we miss watching your awesome moves...where you at?
Paul F

Post by Paul F »

Trivia question for those who have been with the site from the beginning. What element currently on Lakawa was here from the start?
My guess is:Image
Tighe

Post by Tighe »

Ride on, Paul.

When did you leave the area?
Tighe
bill keitel

Post by bill keitel »

I also whole heartedly agree that Tighe and Coach have been instrumental in keeping the community of "wind minded" people together!
Hats off, Thanks for your efforts!
billkeitel
USWA