rutherford tues.

Stay connected in the wind. This forum is for anyone who rides the wind, winter or summer, on whatever board suits their fancy. Share the stoke, find out where people are going, ask any question, share your discoveries, and discuss any esoteric idea you may have related to the pursuit of wind. Please keep it positive.

Moderator: MK

jeffwieb

rutherford tues.

Post by jeffwieb »

would rutherford park work for a ssw? :?: :?: :?:
MAXIMILIANO

Post by MAXIMILIANO »

Jeff,
I think if the winds stay SSW there won't be a problem.

Another good spot for SSW, SW, or W winds is Lake George in Andover. The best place to kite is from the DNR boat launch.
Mike W

Post by Mike W »

Looks like a good day to head to the NW launch at Cannon. ETA 1pm.
jeffwieb

Post by jeffwieb »

Thanks for the info. Might have to try lake george.
ice_kmauve

Post by ice_kmauve »

Rutherford - ETA 1pm.
"They call me Doctor Love.. Doctor love!!" - an obscure rock band.
ice_kmauve

Post by ice_kmauve »

we all scored a decent session out on the bear, Rutherford Park.

The beach is getting extensive, and nice and clear. You can safely wash up on shore almost anywhere now. I might just try that.

Jeff lent me his 11m for a while, thanks Jeff. I wasn't quite attuned to it and had some unintentional spins and other hilarious crashes. Same with Jeff. What a blast.

Max showed up sporting a new Nemi 14. HE seemed to be enjoying himself when I left.

Barry also getting in some time on the 16 Caution answer.

Myself, my feet freeze up early, and the smal amount of boiling water I brought wasn't quite enough to tip the scales. By the time I arrived back in St. Paul an hour later, they were coming back around. That cool water is refreshing though.

Thanks for making it so fun everyone.

Peace.
"They call me Doctor Love.. Doctor love!!" - an obscure rock band.
Mike W

Post by Mike W »

I darn near joined you guys, but when I saw SW in the Macalaster wind mill, I decided to head south for Cannon. It was blowing pretty hard down there when I arrived. My 11 was all I could handle. It backed off to comfortable 11 by the end of the sesssion. Had the whole place to myself.
Sid

Post by Sid »

Mike, I got there before noon and windsurfed the silver swell all alone until about 1 PM. I looked for an early arrival from you but missed you. I was way powered on a 4.7 and had a great time. There was still sun and I was very comfortable in my bag suit. What a great day! Will there be more?