Question - which is better on a WNW? Bellaire or Wac?

Stay connected in the wind. This forum is for anyone who rides the wind, winter or summer, on whatever board suits their fancy. Share the stoke, find out where people are going, ask any question, share your discoveries, and discuss any esoteric idea you may have related to the pursuit of wind. Please keep it positive.

Moderator: MK

skattum

Question - which is better on a WNW? Bellaire or Wac?

Post by skattum »

My work location is 10 mins from WBL but Wac is closer to my home... Just wondering what everyone's opinion is on Bellaire vs Waconia in terms of quality of kiting in a WNW wind.

Thanks in advance!
Coach

Post by Coach »

Both work. Bellaire is fun and convenient for many of us, but can be gusty. Waconia would offer a must better fetch for the wind.

For me, it's a no-brainer. Bellaire is 5 minutes away... Waconia is closer to 50+ minutes. :-)

-Coach
Dave Z

Post by Dave Z »

Yup, when I lived over in EP I never made it over to El Bear. Now I live in White Bear and never make it over to the Wack!

As Coach said, WNW @Bellaire is definitely worth it especially if your 10 minutes away. That said, whenever there's a Westerly component in the wind the Wack always seems to be another 5-10 mph windier.

Now if only I could find a job where I only had to work from 10-2 I'd be set :D