Saturday Sites

Stay connected in the wind. This forum is for anyone who rides the wind, winter or summer, on whatever board suits their fancy. Share the stoke, find out where people are going, ask any question, share your discoveries, and discuss any esoteric idea you may have related to the pursuit of wind. Please keep it positive.

Moderator: MK

johntr

Saturday Sites

Post by johntr »

Hello all. Looks like nice wind and a pleasant day on Saturday. (None of that excessive heat to spoil the ride!) Where are people going? The only place I regularly sail is White Bear Lake, and it's not too nice on a SSW, unless Maht is open. Has anyone been to Maht yet this year? How does it do on SSW?

Thanks,
John
tyson

Post by tyson »

mille lacs for sure, but its an iffy forecast... might not be much
Dave Z

Post by Dave Z »

Mahto works fine in a SSW. They've taken out the dock too. I've always enjoyed the Wack for SSW....you just have to be willing to make the drive if yer an East Sider. Don't forget the Rutherford lauch in the NW corner of White Bear. The wind comes through much better in a SSW.
johntr

Post by johntr »

Great news they've taken the dock out!

What's the Rutherford launch? It's not on the Lakes page, and I've never heard of it before. Is it the one NE of Ramsey the kiters have been using lately? How do I get there? Is it good for beginners?

Thanks,
John