Itchy Harness

Stay connected in the wind. This forum is for anyone who rides the wind, winter or summer, on whatever board suits their fancy. Share the stoke, find out where people are going, ask any question, share your discoveries, and discuss any esoteric idea you may have related to the pursuit of wind. Please keep it positive.

Moderator: MK

Bryce

Itchy Harness

Post by Bryce »

Any get itchy in the area where the harness is around the waist. I seem to get this vey itchy feeling after about 2 hours on the water. I have gotten it even when I have wore a wetsuit or a rashguard.

Oh and it is a Dakine Tabu harness.

It is very annoying.. and has been enough to make me end my session early.

Bryce
JRN

Old Windsurfer's Remedy

Post by JRN »

I'm almost afraid to admit doing this:Try slapping on some Desitin, but not for diaper rash, just to help soothe the chafing from your harness. It feels great, but the smell reminds me of something else. :roll: JN P.S: you could also try Chris B's solution, put some climbing harness straps on your waist harness to keep it from riding up. Are you using a spreader bar pad?
Coach

Post by Coach »

If you are getting that much rubbing, even through rash guards and wetsuits, you probably have too much movement in the harness. Clamp it down and get it tight!

Also, you can try some BodyGlide:
http://www.bodyglide.com/

Put the slippery stuff on the areas that generally get rubbed wrong, and they will glide smoothly instead...

-Coach
Bryce

Post by Bryce »

I haven't tried the Desitin... but I have been putting on some goldbond after the fact and that seems to help. I tried putting on some under my wetsuit... but it seemed to get washed away pretty quickly.
But I am using a spreader pad.

Coach - I did notice that my harness was a little loose on monday when I was out. I tightened up on shore but it always loosens a bit when I am riding... I'll have to remember to really tighten it down after I get out. If that fails I'll have to try pick up some of that body glide.
Stroh

Post by Stroh »

does your harness have the nylon strap with the metal buckels. I just got one of the new dakine harness with the system they have been using on the saet harnesses.
http://www.extremeairstore.com/index.as ... ProdID=701

they never loosen. and it never moves arround on me. I found that the old style always loosened no matter what I did. and they always shifted side to side when I swiched tacks. the new style nevers twists.

I am wearing a medum and wear it as tight as it will go. you might want to try a small. I'm 180 and I could wear a small.

they have a full stock of all sizes at the shop in Minnetonka.

Jon
Jon Stroh