Afternoon wind at Cannon

Stay connected in the wind. This forum is for anyone who rides the wind, winter or summer, on whatever board suits their fancy. Share the stoke, find out where people are going, ask any question, share your discoveries, and discuss any esoteric idea you may have related to the pursuit of wind. Please keep it positive.

Moderator: MK

Tighe

Afternoon wind at Cannon

Post by Tighe »

Experimemental is looking promising for Cannon this afternoon. Hmmm
Tighe
Eric S

Post by Eric S »

Is the water green down there yet? I might consider going if it's not.
Dave Schneider

Post by Dave Schneider »

Eric,

I sailed down there on Saturday afternoon. Yeah, there are lots of little, squiggly green things floating in the water, but it was such a great session, I really didn't get bothered by them. The key to avoiding them is to stay out of the water and up on the board. :wink:
Dave Schneider
Eric S

Post by Eric S »

I guess I'll have to wait till the fall to sail cannon again. Staying dry and sailing is not an option for me.
TomFranchett

Post by TomFranchett »

Tighe, Did you make it to Cannon today? If so how was the water quality? Is it in Bloom yet? It looks good in the south tomorrow,whad'ya think. Tom
Tom F Light and Waves
Tighe

Post by Tighe »

Had a great solo way powered 13m session. The good news is the shallows that extend out from the point mid lake, now extend easily 200 feet out. Giving alot more room for self launching a kite. The bad news the water is green already. Didn't notice it other than coming in and going out. I'd still sail there if it it was the only wind around.

Hair feels a bit like straw tonight.
Tighe
Sid

Post by Sid »

It's time for you guys to embrace the wonders of nature. Wind,...water,....algae. I worry more when Cannon is not green. The algae help consume the chemicals. Alga are my buddies. In addition, they quiet the water and give maneuverable boards that buttery feel.