wind advisory coming

Stay connected in the wind. This forum is for anyone who rides the wind, winter or summer, on whatever board suits their fancy. Share the stoke, find out where people are going, ask any question, share your discoveries, and discuss any esoteric idea you may have related to the pursuit of wind. Please keep it positive.

Moderator: MK

Tighe

wind advisory coming

Post by Tighe »

big to the south, It must be going to trickle up here. watch for the clearing line :shock: Northwest today big. North tomorrow. windsurf today, kite tomorrow. cannon is good out of the north. get it while you can. remember your already wet anyway......Scott hiding in tighes computer.....aaahhhahahahahahah
matt k

Post by matt k »

who's up for waconia tommorow afternoon, or is there a better lake for a north wind, its been a while since I have kited water in the cities.
scottchapman

Post by scottchapman »

:lol: Heading out to Wac now...I slipped back into my own puter now...
cannon is good out of the North as long as it stays due north. I will be there or Wac tomorrow.....but get out now if you can......Experimental looks better here and north but wind ad. is in the south.........DRIVE
Tighe

Post by Tighe »

Yeah straight north can have a shadow at Waconia. Cannon has a nice rigging area, though can get deep pretty quick. Hmmmm

I hope to be somewhere by 10 tomorrow am.
Tighe
jeff

Post by jeff »

So what's the call for tomorrow? Cannon or Waconia?

What's the best tool for forcasting the wind at cannon? Rochester seems a bit too far away. According to weather.com, Faribaut will top out ~14mph tomorrow, which is comparable to Wac.

Jeff
Pete

Post by Pete »

The Experimental Page.

http://maps.fsl.noaa.gov/disp.cgi?/w3/r ... rf_wind+nc

The Experimental Gusts Page.

http://ruc.fsl.noaa.gov/disp.cgi?/w3/ra ... //+gust+nc

Make sure to Re-load the page.

Pete
Pete

Post by Pete »

Also, the times are Zulu time (military time). At this time of year I THINK you subtract 5 hours to get the local time. Is it 5 or 6 hours? Anyway, 1800Z is 1:00pm, 2100Z is 4:00pm, etc...if your going with 5 hour difference.
jeff

Post by jeff »

I'm heading to Cannon.