Ice on the Ponds

Stay connected in the wind. This forum is for anyone who rides the wind, winter or summer, on whatever board suits their fancy. Share the stoke, find out where people are going, ask any question, share your discoveries, and discuss any esoteric idea you may have related to the pursuit of wind. Please keep it positive.

Moderator: MK

DRA

Ice on the Ponds

Post by DRA »

As I was coming back from bow hunting this morning, there was ice formed on this pond in Colone. All we need is a couple of no wind nights and cold temps, and I'm in there. Nb it was that pond you and I were
looking at. After checking the highs for the week, it will be alittle longer.
Hope it's not to long, may have to go to the UP for some more powder.
Terry
Stroh

Post by Stroh »

if there is snow I am leaving for the UP on thursday mourning. :D
NORTHSTAR

Post by NORTHSTAR »

Yea DRA the one by my place was two,even the big ones ,by lunch gone but as u said a few cold night no wind Im ther skatez are sharpend!!!
STROH keep me posted!!
Nb
JERRY

Post by JERRY »

snowboarders=SWITCHBLADE :!:

windsurfers= FREESKATE :!:

J
NORTHSTAR

Post by NORTHSTAR »

HOCKEYSKATES :twisted: are the bomb! I need to give the switch blade more of a chance maybe Todd has one I could demo 4 a while? Todd can u put a switchblade on the toe edge also? wat about riding toe side??
Nb
kiteboymn

Post by kiteboymn »

NB you can't have your cake and toe side too. The key to the switch is keeping it really sharp with a small amount of projection (not much blade hanging down below the board) Ride it just like you would a water board.
Live Hard!
Lakawa Shop Rider
http://mnkiteboy.com/
NORTHSTAR

Post by NORTHSTAR »

LOL KOOl super stoked to try the SWITCHBLADE out this season <keep>>
Johnny W.

Post by Johnny W. »

I have a switchblade for sale that Todd sold me a year or so ago. I've had a pile of injurys over the years skating, snowboarding, wakeboarding, kiting, so i'm avoiding the ice to save the body for the long haul. If any of you guys want it for cheap, or trade let me know. I need a chickenloop and pin for my slingshot bar, it broke this summer. Its a killer product and its sitting on a board in my garage and I would rather have someone put it to use. Give me a shout if u have interest, i live out west in the Wayzata area.

Johnny 612 240 1819
tyson

Post by tyson »

umm, sorry for being the naive one here, but... what's a switchblade?
Stroh

Post by Stroh »

it is basicly a hocky skate blade you mount on the heel side of your snowboard inbetween you feet. it allows you to carve black ice with a snowboard without slipping.
I belive todd hanson was the inventor of it.... sorry todd for calling it a ice skate blade (it's more complex than just a ice skate blade)

Jon
Eric P

Post by Eric P »

I love mine, leave it on all the time. There were days last winter where I'd see Stroh and Denis sliding around because the snow on top wasn't bonded to the ice. I'd feel totally confident leaning all the way back on my board. The thing works great once you get it dialed in. I'm not taking it off all year.
Eric
tyson

Post by tyson »

is it hard to take on and off? i ride the slopes too with the same board...
drknap

Post by drknap »

Damn! too slow on the draw. Stroh already claimed it. Todd please post contact or email me at kurtwalstrom@yahoo.com, or if anyone else has one for sale.
Kurt
klimber

Post by klimber »

does anyone still sell them?
JERRY

Post by JERRY »

I own 2 SwitchBlades which I leave on my boards at all times.

Contact Todd Hanson(kiteboy). The Switchblade is by far the most for the buck for kitesnowboarding :!:

The blade is held on by (3) 1/4" bolts that also tweaks the height settings of blade, which is crucial for altimate ride on type of ice hardness. Comes with blade sharpener which is also key in holding line on ice. Keep the blade sharp.

Have patience for Todd's reply.

Kiter he is.
Computer geek, he is not. :shock:

j.
steveb

Post by steveb »

Tyson. If you're going to get a switchblade I may have an old beater board somewhere you could mount the SB on.Let me know if you decide to get one and I'll start looking to see what I have in the dungeon.
WildBill

Know of any good open land in the mean time?

Post by WildBill »

In the mean time does anyone know of any good soccer fields or whatnot in the SW corner of the cities without power lines around?? I've been told there are some around 494 & 169 somewhere.
ENJOY :) ........... Bill