Lake Washington

Stay connected in the wind. This forum is for anyone who rides the wind, winter or summer, on whatever board suits their fancy. Share the stoke, find out where people are going, ask any question, share your discoveries, and discuss any esoteric idea you may have related to the pursuit of wind. Please keep it positive.

Moderator: MK

SCOTT RIDOUT

Lake Washington

Post by SCOTT RIDOUT »

Is this where everyone will be tomorrow, or is it going to be Waconia or is it going to be the big lake Milly?

How do you get to Lake Washington?
JERRY

Post by JERRY »

Heading to Washington early. Should be great today with the west winds coming down the long fetch chute. Ramps will be building for lots of fun.

directions. West on Hwy. 12 through Dassel.

1 mi. past intersection hwy. 12 & 15.

Turn left & follow signs of DRAG (dassel rod and gun)

tip: put a bright colored bobber on your sunglasses.

j
Professor Robae'

Post by Professor Robae' »

JERRY wrote:tip: put a bright colored bobber on your sunglasses.

j
And the chief fun-hogger starts yet another fashion trend! :D
darlene

Post by darlene »

I'm heading to Lake Washington, Rod & Gun Club, shortly.......

Darlene 8)
Jason_L

Post by Jason_L »

I'll probably head out to Washington too. Probably 1230 or 1 eta. Feels a bit cooler today so bring your suits. Hopefully the wind will hold up for a while.

Jason
SCOTT RIDOUT

Post by SCOTT RIDOUT »

Sorry guys I left early Sunday, drove all the way up to Washington, didn't know where to go and couldn't see anyone so i left and went to Waconia, I'm a retard I know but what the hey, I'll make it to Washington yet this year darnit!
darlene

Post by darlene »

Lake Washington was awesome yesterday.....my husband, dad, & sister all came out to watch me....got almost 1/2 way to my free case of wine coolers!

Darlene 8)
TJ

Post by TJ »

:D Nice to hear that darlene...You are getting close!!!
Enjoying life and Windancing.
steveb

Post by steveb »

Way to go Darlene....Diane was getting some good air on Mille lacs yesterday as well,not 15 feet but geting there.

Darlene...have you not convinced your husdand to do this yet?.
darlene

Post by darlene »

Actually to my disbelief yesterday my husband said he thinks he's going to try it this winter...... :shock:

Darlene 8)
Dean Rizer

Post by Dean Rizer »

Steve, you are about to lose your bet, Darlene is one good session away from the purse. She has no problem with 20 mph ++ gusts. Do you have any other prizes in your hip pocket for the rest of us stragglers? Jerry was on the water the whole afternoon also. He was wearing his dayglow bobber and a snowmobile helmet. The last time I saw him was Thursday...he hurt his back and could barely walk and didn't ride. I asked him how he was able to recover so quickly..Vitamin I he said. What is vitamin I? I asked. Ibuprofen said Jerry and I got the laugh. You can't beat a west wind like that on Washington.
steveb

Post by steveb »

Ibuprofin..." the adult M and M"
I got out for a little while Thursday after work, Friday I took the day off and rode till I realised I was really feeling it, Saturday I rode the 9m for the afternoon, Sunday back up to Mille lacs, huge swell but I only rode for 1 1/2 hours as I realised I was toast....where are those M and M's.I've got holes in my hands, cuts on the bottom of my feet ( those damned snail shells at reddy) Lake allergy snot city, my right knee is bitching at me for some reason...what a great couple of days!.

Darlene...I hope he keeps to his word, nothing worse than having to explain wind addiction to a non addicted partner...good luck.

Dean...how you been ?When are you going to SPI next?.
Micky

Post by Micky »

I should have joined everyone at Washington Sunday, but was afraid to be by myself. I ended up at Waconia not being able to practice my board launches being too close to shore. Nathan asked me why I was'nt at Washington and I guess that's where I should have been! I've got a dry suit now so look forward to meeting everyone next time.
Dean Rizer

Post by Dean Rizer »

Steve, I've been fine cept for every malfunction you detailed. What has happened? I'm down to an 80 ltr Tiga and a 96 ltr JP . After Sunday I don't think I'll be riding the JP any more. I thought Winter was nuts when he started selling his windsurfers. I'll possibly save the Tiga for the Padre northerlies....but wait ....I have a 9m Switchblade. I need to visit your motherland Queen again in November so Padre looks like early Nov. Are you and Nancy going this fall? Say hi to Nancy, I would think she would be in reach of the prize also! Are you going to do the crossing? If I do I will need to borrow a board.
steveb

Post by steveb »

Dean...we just got back from 10 days with the queen, she said you haven't been returning her e mails, something about you having a wife she didn't know about?.
We had a great trip seeing family and I got to take Nancy through North Wales, I had forgotten how beautiful the countryside is in England but it rained every day we were there. I guess there's a good reason it's so green.
We are planning to go to SPI the 2 nd week of Nov, Judd and Dianne should be there the same time.

Windsurfing stuffs a toughy, I haven't sold anything yet. Can't bring myself to do it, but I don't use it anymore. Saturday on Cedar it was gusting 30 something and I didn't even adjust the center strap on the 9m SB, lord knows where the top end is on that kite. It was gusty and quite ugly but I just played with the kite making the conditions a no brainer. The windsurfers would go from slogging to mark 8, one of those rig what you want because at some point it will be right days, with the kite I don't think I stopped planning all day and I just depowered a little in the big gusts. I've decided that for MN winds kites just make it more user friendly.
If we were just windsurfing now I don't think there would have been many days, bearing in mind we really only get out at weekends, but with the light wind capabilities of kites there were not many weekends we didn't ride at least one day. Thank you Bruno!.

Well hopefully see you in SPI .
Tighe

Post by Tighe »

I just sold my last windsurfing gear. After windsurfing for over 25years, I thought it would be harder. I think it's the riding of the wind that is important not the rig. I don't feel like it was at all an end to anything. It felt good to now someone was stoked to be enjoying the gear instead of it collecting dust.

it's all good
Tighe
darlene

Post by darlene »

Micky--don't worry, Washington on Sunday was too windy & gusty for someone just learning board-starts.....at least with a C-kite, maybe a bow would have been ok. Irish Phil was waiting around all day for the wind to die down so he could try board-starts with his C.......

Darlene 8)