Cedar Lake, WI

Stay connected in the wind. This forum is for anyone who rides the wind, winter or summer, on whatever board suits their fancy. Share the stoke, find out where people are going, ask any question, share your discoveries, and discuss any esoteric idea you may have related to the pursuit of wind. Please keep it positive.

Moderator: MK

axoboy

Cedar Lake, WI

Post by axoboy »

Anyone ride Cedar lake, over by Star Prairie, Wisconsin?

What are the ideal wind conditions?

There used to be a large sand bar out there when I was a kid, wonder if it is still there...
steveb

Post by steveb »

During summer there are 3 kiters and 5 windsurfers that are Cedar regulars.Winter we pick up a few extra kiters.Really crowded.
The sandbar is still there, best directions are S,SW,N,NW anything with east in it is ugh.
mdh01

Post by mdh01 »

Steve,
I might try Cedar next week for something different...I assume it will be less busy on a weekday.

Do I need a boat to get access to the best kite spots or is there shore access that works?

Mark
steveb

Post by steveb »

Alot of it depends on wind direction.Northerlies are tough and a boat is useful to go to the sandbar. Southerlies you can launch from the park or from our house. My # is 715 248 7643 give us a call and we'll give you a current wind update and directions.
Cedar is always quiet even on weekends.
axoboy

Post by axoboy »

i'll have to watch the Wind, may try to get up there this weekend also!
tyson

Post by tyson »

ill probably be on cedar tomorrow evening