Margarita Island, Venezuela info needed

Stay connected in the wind. This forum is for anyone who rides the wind, winter or summer, on whatever board suits their fancy. Share the stoke, find out where people are going, ask any question, share your discoveries, and discuss any esoteric idea you may have related to the pursuit of wind. Please keep it positive.

Moderator: MK

stevenP

Margarita Island, Venezuela info needed

Post by stevenP »

I just got my tickets to Margarita yesterday (as a early X-mas gift). I am going to be there for the first time from Feb. 3rd through 17th and am looking for suggestions. Places to stay, windsurf rental suggestions (I know Vela has a shop), other non-windsurfing things to do, and other general travel suggestions would be appreciated. I've heard that the country is in a state of chaos with the demonstrations and strikes so I hope that calms down by Feb.
Thanks,
skenny@mn.rr.com
sPk
Tighe

Post by Tighe »

funny I just shot Tim W. an email, 5 minutes before I saw your post. He and Connie are probably the local experts since they've spent months down there.

Tim??

If someone emails you directly could you forward it to me so I can put it in the Destinations page?
Tighe
TJ

i am from there!!!

Post by TJ »

Well my parents just move there and i am from venezuela, i know these messages are from so far ago but if you want places , advices and everything about the island i am your girl.... i used to live there. I was so excited when i read this and the way some of you talk about playa el Yaque...nice!!

Tatiana
Enjoying life and Windancing.
Timwalker

Post by Timwalker »

Hey Tatiana!
Tim Walker here, I have been a frequent visitor to Margarita, (8 years in a row) and Love it there! I have a website setup from all the pictures I have taken while visiting there. http://www.tts-inc.com Still under construction, but I'm working on it!
Did you live in El Yaque when you were there? I have toured the island, but stay mostly in El Yaque for the wind. Porlamar is also fun!
How do you like living here compared to there? Too cold?
TJ

Post by TJ »

no too cold!!........Extremely cold!!!! i miss my place...
Well i lived near Playa Parguito which is in the other side of el yaque, you should know because is a well known beach, the surfer like to go there; but i always go to el yaque because is beautifull and is not too crowed, i would love to see the pictures tell me when your site is done to check it out... is nice to heard somebody here knows about our beaches .

Thanks for the answer,

Tatiana
Enjoying life and Windancing.