Tomorrow at Cannon

Stay connected in the wind. This forum is for anyone who rides the wind, winter or summer, on whatever board suits their fancy. Share the stoke, find out where people are going, ask any question, share your discoveries, and discuss any esoteric idea you may have related to the pursuit of wind. Please keep it positive.

Moderator: MK

jim lehman

Tomorrow at Cannon

Post by jim lehman »

If everthing works out I am thinking about Cannon for Sunday. Anyone coming down?

Jim
mdh01

Post by mdh01 »

Hey Jim,
How was Cannon today?

I tried a new spot, for me, in Rochester. Willow Creek Reservoir. It worked pretty good, although the winds were gusty at times, probably caused by the bowl that the reserve sits in.

There was about 4 inches of good snow cover, and the WSW winds funnel through there pretty good. I flew a 12m LEI today with my snowboard.

With the right winds, Willow Creek res makes for a close in place to go when you have a limited amount of time. I doubt it would work well on straight south though. Bummer you can't drive out either, so the walk gets long unless you pile everything on a sled and pull it out, which I did...

I envy those of you with decent lakes close by!!

Mark
jim lehman

Post by jim lehman »

Excellent. I keep forgetting about Willow Creek. Maybe we can hook up sometime. Pete, Bill and myself will be heading out Friday. Not sure of the spot yet, depends on the wind direction.

Jim