Calhoun-tues

Stay connected in the wind. This forum is for anyone who rides the wind, winter or summer, on whatever board suits their fancy. Share the stoke, find out where people are going, ask any question, share your discoveries, and discuss any esoteric idea you may have related to the pursuit of wind. Please keep it positive.

Moderator: MK

Lumas976

Calhoun-tues

Post by Lumas976 »

Was anyone else out there today?!

Ok..i might have to have designate this as my first real and true kiteboarding day. I mean sure i have tooled around a bit here and there but nothing like today. Got out on the ice (and thats the truth 'cause there was almost more ice than snow) around 1:30. Wind was blowing steady and hard enough that i figured...My little B-4 could do it just fine..maybe a few slow and steady runs like usual. I was a bit mistaken on this point. After a few light pulls i came upon the middle of the lake. Whole different story. The kite just tore at my arms and lept out with speed. I dug my toe edge in as much as i could in the patches of snow that i came across as i was flying over them at speeds i'd never reached before. It wasnt long untill one of these patches of ice did me in and i rolled like a rag doll. Bitching and bruised i sat up with a $hit eatin grin on my face and yelled out. This was probably one of the funnest times i have ever had. The adrenalin pumping and the ground wizzing by below me got me pumped to ddo it over and over and over again untill my kneee and arms were soo banged and bruised that it hurt to stand back up.

I left the lake but i will sure as hell be back every chance I can get.

....Now fully addicted to the wind and waiting for my scepter to come so i may fly my new yarga in those lighter wind days.

Thanks for everyones support and see you on the snow.
collinwood

Post by collinwood »

Great to hear!

I had the same exact feeling on monday. My first true kiteboarding experience...getting some air and also getting seriously rolled a few times. Walking off the lake with an enourmous grin and super stoked. Bring on the wind!
All paths of glory lead but to the grave. Sail on.
Jeff A

Post by Jeff A »

I was out on Lake Harriet Tues., the ice is much smoother. I had my Slingshot B5 with skis. Had a blast, and got a little air. The wind was a bit gusty, though.
Jeff A