Mr. Winter

Stay connected in the wind. This forum is for anyone who rides the wind, winter or summer, on whatever board suits their fancy. Share the stoke, find out where people are going, ask any question, share your discoveries, and discuss any esoteric idea you may have related to the pursuit of wind. Please keep it positive.

Moderator: MK

BSMITH

Mr. Winter

Post by BSMITH »

Did those fishermen hassle you at the kite launch today?
Mike W

Post by Mike W »

They were looking at me a lot while I was rigging, but they did not say anything. There was a clear access to the water next to where they were, so our paths did not cross. When I came in there was someone fishing at my entry point. I deflated the kite and went in through the trees before I came to that spot. Everything should be ok with those guys as long as we avoid crossing paths.
Tighe

Post by Tighe »

Since that is really one of the few launches on the lake and they most likely were there long before the concept of kiteboarding was a dream, let's do our best to be on stay on good terms with these guys. Bill mentioned there already was some tension because of some incidence earlier in the year. If we ever want to have a chance at improving that launch, like tree trimming, parking, etc. we'll need to keep on good terms with these folk.

just my 2 cents worth. Sounds like it was a fun day.
Tighe
BSMITH

Post by BSMITH »

I can't figure out why they are fishing there. It's shallow and there is really no structure. I think they are just going to come out on breezy days to get in the way! ...and what are they fishing for?
Chris Lock

Post by Chris Lock »

Skeg busting, hog farm runoff eating, monster carp?
Chris Lock

Post by Chris Lock »

Hey they're not just for breakfast anymore.
Professor Robae'

Post by Professor Robae' »

Ah, Mr. Lock, no doubt you are a true poet at heart.

Nice job winning the Mr. Speed contest! The West side boyz will come to play this game next time... If anyone wants to really play the speed game; come join us on the ice in the near future.

It was fun to see such a big gathering at Cannon last Wednesday!

Good Times!!!

The Professor...