WSW @ THE BEAR?

Stay connected in the wind. This forum is for anyone who rides the wind, winter or summer, on whatever board suits their fancy. Share the stoke, find out where people are going, ask any question, share your discoveries, and discuss any esoteric idea you may have related to the pursuit of wind. Please keep it positive.

Moderator: MK

jkjolsing

WSW @ THE BEAR?

Post by jkjolsing »

any others able to get done with work a bit early tomorrow? i hope i'm not the only one at bellaire when its gusting into the high 30s! last wednesday produced a suprisingly small turnout for such a killer day, tomorrow should be even better!
Dave Z

Post by Dave Z »

There were a couple of us down at Mahto last week. Wack would be great if there's SW in the wind direction but the drive sucks and I'm thinking Mahto could be real good if it goes more Westerly. If I'm at the Bear it will probably be Mahtomedi.
jkjolsing

Post by jkjolsing »

Cool! i'll check mahto tomorrow and hopefully launch there instead of bellaire, i've heard there can be some swell on that end :)
Jim N

Day(going) Off!!

Post by Jim N »

Hope to join you Dudes @ d'Bear! Sound like some ideal bump & jump
winds. Now where'd I hide my neoprene fashion acessories? :roll: Jim N.
Update: Drove by Mahto, Ramsey & Bellaire...not going off yet...Must have seen "J" off Mahto planing in the gusts.
Dave Z

Post by Dave Z »

Uh, that was me....call it the flyweight factor. I got an hours (5 to 6pm)worth of rides on my 5.9. Wind came through pretty well and considering I can't play tomorrow I have to take what I can get. Love the golden hues and fall sun - Wind was a decent 15-22 - a far cry from the victory at sea condition up on the Mother. Terry, J, and Mike (..I think from Cedar Lake????) all decided to pass. Shoulda sailed Jim - no need for the fancy shmancy neoprene accessories today!