Laboured all day

Stay connected in the wind. This forum is for anyone who rides the wind, winter or summer, on whatever board suits their fancy. Share the stoke, find out where people are going, ask any question, share your discoveries, and discuss any esoteric idea you may have related to the pursuit of wind. Please keep it positive.

Moderator: MK

scottchapman

Post by scottchapman »

:shock: Steve wow you must be getting really good. I want to live on a lake too... :( Glad you are having a blast and getting better than me...

You guys have me really courious about the crossbow! I might have to take a drive over there on Friday or Saturday if you don't have a waiting list to try this kite. :D So the 16 has a wind range of 7-25 mph? I am looking to replace my 16 Naish X2, coach are you interested? 8)
Tom L

Post by Tom L »

scottchapman wrote: So the 16 has a wind range of 7-25 mph?
I said that Scott. That's what I was riding on Labor Day (at 160lbs). The wind was really variable, where I was. There was a gust of 22mph on my anemometer on my house which is shadowed by trees. I changed boards once, but the range is not hype. For Minnesota the 16m Crossbow is really a good size. Set your pigtails for high or low end and handle the rest with the bar.

Weight is going to make a diff. If your 220 the 16 is not going to get you going at 7mph. Those were the lulls. A constant 7 would be pretty lame. Once I get my board speed up I can ride in 7 mph, but you'd have a hard time getting your speed up there, without a 10mph gust to get you going. The Xbows range is great for MN where the wind is rarely static.

I'm riding a 159x42 Flydoor when it's light which is a factor too, as the board seems to have a lot of range also. The board is very flat, but still holds a great edge when powered up.
steveb

Post by steveb »

I sent an e mail to cabrinha asking for a bigger version of the xbow, they said I'm the first person to request one. Maybe I'm just the most inefficient or fattest kiter in the country? no comments please!.
I think the 16m pulls like an 18m C kite. Christian is lighter than me and I've seen him screaming around in 10 to 13 mph.My 230lbs does not really get moving until 13 +.
The claims of the kite and windsurf companies for low end performance is ocean breezes clean with no lulls, SPI maybe you, Scott, could be flying around at 7mph, who knows.
What I do know is the high end is huge, after this weekend I think I could take the 16m upto 30mph, now 230lbs is paying off. What I don't know is if I have the balls to pull the trigger for jumps with that much kite in that wind...we have yet to see.
Stroh, SSE I'll be on Cedar, come one, come all. People are most welcome to try the xbow, so long as I get to ride a little too.
Jim N

Carnival Ride

Post by Jim N »

MAYBE YOU CAN SELL TICKETS,Steve! Its supposed to be crankin' on Saturday anyway. Hope you don't need anything bigger from now 'til "ice-in". Speaking of which, are we going to see you and the ever lovely Mrs.B
@ Padre this Fall :?: J.N.
steveb

Post by steveb »

Jim..we are thinking SPI the first 2 weeks of Nov. When are you and Pete going down?.