Iowa Invasion!

Stay connected in the wind. This forum is for anyone who rides the wind, winter or summer, on whatever board suits their fancy. Share the stoke, find out where people are going, ask any question, share your discoveries, and discuss any esoteric idea you may have related to the pursuit of wind. Please keep it positive.

Moderator: MK

Chris B

Iowa Invasion!

Post by Chris B »

It is looking like Clear Lake Iowa might me the place to be on Saturday. Let’s see if we can rally a crew for the day. I will see if I can round up a grill.
Tighe

Post by Tighe »

Casey, Jesse, Gary, any one else from Iowa want to join us?

I'm in.
Tighe
alf

Post by alf »

Would love to join you, but unfortunately I am suffering from a herniated disk in my lower back. (not kite related).
Enjoy the lake. I'll be watching kite vids.

Alfie
Stroh

Post by Stroh »

if it blows I'll join :D :P
cp2616

Post by cp2616 »

I have a wedding here Saturday, so I'll be on Spirit if it's windy.

I've had a chance to ride there and Clear Lake lines up nice on a west. Good launch for that direction at the downtown beach. Have a good ride.

Casey
Stroh

Post by Stroh »

Milly is lookin realy good for sat. :?
steveb

Post by steveb »

Chris, what makes you think it's going to be better down south?
Chris B

Post by Chris B »

They down graded Clear Lake to 14-17. Let’s keep an eye on it and make a decision later today.
Stroh

Post by Stroh »

The forecast for clear came back up on Noaa Experimential :D :D
Paul_c

Post by Paul_c »

Casey, all-

I am a poleboard-er, first time at Spirit/Okoboji, who will be camping in the Spirit Lake area this weekend. I was going to camp on Okoboji, but is that lake too overrun with powerboats to be enjoyable? Where would you recommend camping this weekend?
Paul
612-325-0372
Chris Lock

Post by Chris Lock »

Paul,
There is a large campground on the west side of Spirit, hot showers and everything, its right on the road running along that side of the lake, you cant miss it. Some of the sites are literally 10 feet from the water.
BSMITH

Post by BSMITH »

I just go by the isobar maps. Raw data man. Looks like north would be better than south. Not much of a gradient difference across the whole state. It looks like the surface wind is going to line up with the jetstream. That usually helps a little. I don't know if the RUC just hiccuped or what. If it's right I will never doubt it again!
Hunter Welles

Post by Hunter Welles »

Anybody whos goin wanna give me a ride? :D
cp2616

Post by cp2616 »

Paul,

Okoboji could be a bit crazy tomorrow with the forcast being hot and sunny. If the wind is west that might suck as well. If it is NW, the Arnolds Parks not too bad to get out from, but busy.

The camp ground that Chris is refering to is Marble Beach. It would be nice. If the wind is out of the West, head to Sand Bar Beach Resort on the NE side of Spirit to get out. Give me a call if you like at 712-330-3020.

Casey